Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am at www.canaca.com and it looks good up to now...
    Much cheaper anyway than here in little Belgium.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Finally a thread I can participate in. Haven't done a lot of xara lately but check the forums every few days.

Over a year ago there was an article on-line somewhere about how different registrars viewed registered domain names. At the time I beleive NSI was considered one of the worst considering themselves to actually own the domain and rent it to the registrant like the phone company rents you a phone number. The article also pointed out gandi.net, a French registrar, who considered the registrant to actually own the name as long as the registration was kept up (barring any name conflicts with trademark type names, etc.). That's when I started using them instead. It's all in the fine print. They charge 12.00 Euros which billed me $11.04 US last month for a name I registered for a year.

For hosting I use phpwebhosting.com which is $9.95 a month and they have been very good and also FutureQuest.net, they are more high-end high availability but cost more per month. Both have had little down time. phpwebhosting.com offers more features and space for the price compared to FutureQuest.net.

Anyway, thought I'd toss out my experiences regarding this and I'm not affiliated with gandi.net, phpwebhosting.com or FutureQuest.net other than being a customer.

-Troy

http://www.studiostyle.sk is hosted on server with 100mbit connectivity (at least they claim so) and I pay 800,-Sk ($16) each 3 months. There are cheaper services and also more expensive ones.. this is just an average host with average services providing virtual servers (PHP/MySQL)