Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Acorn was - and still **is** - a wonderful machine with its RISC OS. Just imagine: a full blown OS with a graphical user interface in an eprom - size around a mere 2 megabytes!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, it was a difficult move to make to get rid of the Acorn, but the only practical solution. Not sure about the new terminals they're now fitting, but it was good to know that the National Lottery ticket machines in the UK all have a RISC PC inside them from the start of the Lottery.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But I think you've missed the right job if you base your computer purchasing on a gel look - hell, times are gettin' lousier every day<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Joke alert [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheffield Abella:
    You're never going to get me to admit that Xara will be better off without multiple pages.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% agree. [Mis]using layers as pages is a poor substitute. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new version though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it wouldn't be much of a stretch to add multiple page functionality ... I've asked for a slew of very basic feature additions like these<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a programmer myself I'd have to disagree there. It certainly sounds like a trivial addition, but you'd be surprised by the knock-on effects of even a "basic feature" like this. No doubt many many man-weeks of work. I suppose it depends how many men they have left! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]