Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've worked with tablet, brushes and stuff drawing a body... and boom internal error 883 (or something like that appeared) I've tried to recover it and whoa! It worked. I closed the error message window and I could save out. And when I open the saevd file it seems to work. More report later. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've worked with tablet, brushes and stuff drawing a body... and boom internal error 883 (or something like that appeared) I've tried to recover it and whoa! It worked. I closed the error message window and I could save out. And when I open the saevd file it seems to work. More report later. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sometines that happens, and you are lucky.

Sometimes you save your file, then reopen it, and poof! Nothing is there.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

believer oh be smut

it seems that my previous message dmagically dissapeared.. ok so shortly..

it will expire soon and I won't use it as it's too unreliable, though it at least recovered xara after that Internal error 883.. which spawned when I've been doing undo after drawing a lot of lines with black crayon brush ...

to all who are trying it please keep in mind this:
    ALWAYS SAVE TO A NEW FILE AFTER RECOVERY.

To Xara Ltd. please read these forums and try to crush those bugs. And if you have time, make a decent support of national keyboards. Now I can't reccomend xara to anyone as it's unusable in national environment.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

What is the tablet you have? A cheap tablets may have very poor drivers - often cause for crash. Try to find if new driver exists.- also Xara may support newer Wintab.dll than the supplier gave you.

I have nice new Wacom Intuos A4 with airbrush, various pens and some other goodies - all free gift from the generous Wacom people - (You know sometimes it pays to be a developer :-)
    I would really recommend tools from Wacom since it never let me cold. (I have 3 various Wacom tablets in total) The Intuos beside the pressure have Tilt, angle and other funny things which aware software may translate into various effects.

Does it have bad drivers colliding with Xara somehow?? And hey it wasn't cheap... (16tisic) and I even don't use it very efficiently for it I don't have any hand-drawing skills at all.

If that's true then maybe Xara is the problem.
    The intuos really shines in programs such Corel Painter where it can use tilt and angle besides pressure on brushes.
    I can't live without tablet, but it is true that in vector software the mouse is probably the main human interface device. (So clean it properly :-) or get the IntelliEye - I have that on every computer)
    What you can do is to try to download new drivers from WACOM.com - not much hope.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Yeah, Dmagician I hadn't seen your 1st post. Must be a infopoop problem.

Now that XaraX supports a grapic tablet I use it (wacom) 99% of the time in Xara. I can't say that the error messages and crashes are more frequent than they were in Corel Xara w/out tablet support. I really think the problem is something else.

Judi

I bought a Wacom Tablet and I like it an awful lot, but I still don't really use the features. It's just a different shape of a mouse to me. I think the Sensiva is what is making my computer crash from time to time, so I have disabled it. Now, since I've had it about a month, I should look at the software packaged with it and see if I should reload any, since the sensiva absolutely sucks.

Would really like to be able to make those neato annotations on the messages, etc.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaneon.jpg