Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

In my ongoing struggle, to figure out which program to choose, I took a drawing in Real Draw and examined some objects of the drawing, to see if I can redraw them in Xara. Now I'm facing a problem with rebuilding an object in Xara. Object1 in Real Draw is created with bevel and 3D lights. Whatever I try to do in Xara, I don't seem to accomplish the same in Xara. Especally the results of the 3D lights effects, seem impossible for me to achieve in Xara. I tried transparency, blends, bevels, feathers etc. I would like to see, if someone knows the answers to get me some results, because I'm really in the need for these 3D effects you can see in Object1, to include them in my future projects,

Any help is really appreciated,,

Peter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	847 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	18760  

In my ongoing struggle, to figure out which program to choose, I took a drawing in Real Draw and examined some objects of the drawing, to see if I can redraw them in Xara. Now I'm facing a problem with rebuilding an object in Xara. Object1 in Real Draw is created with bevel and 3D lights. Whatever I try to do in Xara, I don't seem to accomplish the same in Xara. Especally the results of the 3D lights effects, seem impossible for me to achieve in Xara. I tried transparency, blends, bevels, feathers etc. I would like to see, if someone knows the answers to get me some results, because I'm really in the need for these 3D effects you can see in Object1, to include them in my future projects,

Any help is really appreciated,,

Peter.

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/vector7.jpg

diWhere did you find the tutorial to re-draw this camera, as a lot of people will be interested to try it out for themselves?

Thanks.

By the way: it can be done in Xara. Even in CorelDRAW or Illustrator I think. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here a quick example of work in Xara, and believe me: I do not post this as THE convincing image. I just wanted to try what could be done in less than an hour by someone who has not used Xara on a weekly basis the past months.

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 25, 2001 at 10:10.]

(drank some tee first, etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Name:	column.jpg 
Views:	797 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	744  

Nice work!

I think Peter's example is a more a difficult task. Your example is involves "symetrical" objects (surfaces), whereas, Peter's is asymetrical which may entail added steps (ie., using two or more objects to give the illusion of one object).

I'm short on time so I regret (and apologize) I can't offer anything more than an observation.

Perhaps you or some one else might want to try Peter's shape.

Yes, you have it right, these are asymetrical objects and the amazing thing is with Real-Draw that you just draw one flat surface and then add one 3D light to it and there it is. Takes maybe 10 sec. I would really like to give Xara X a good try, because I like what I saw in the galleries and I was impressed to see so many excited people when they start talking about this product, that is getting high marks in every review. But if I can't redo this example in Xara in just a few moves, it will disappoint me. I hope somebody can help and really show me (that's important) that it can be done in Xara.

Peter.

I tried to recreate that part of the camera with XaraX using the feathering tool.
    Of course it is not the same as the original, but honestly I have not the ability to recreate it even in real-draw.
    Also blends could give nice result and are useful in realistic drawings.
    If you use both programs (which I suggest) you can export the objects you made in Real-draw to XaraX using transparent png, then complete the drawing in XaraX.

Ciao
    Luciano

Name:	feathering.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	7937  

quote: "these are asymetrical objects and the amazing thing is with Real-Draw that you just draw one flat surface and then add one 3D light to it and there it is. Takes maybe 10 sec."

Why do you show Oscar's drawing, and not yours, done in maybe 10 seconds?

I looked at your profile, and found nothing but: male...? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I looked at your profile, and found nothing but: male...? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You won't even find that much information in my profile, Erik [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

beehive be vie hoe tumblers

I'll bet he could crack this in seconds!!!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I looked at your profile, and found nothing but: male...?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeh, i mentioned this in a 'profile' thread somewheres the other day
    re; scant profiles. why are lots of them so empty??? i like to see who the person "is" hmmm