Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking good Danny

Add just a smidgeon of bump say 1% to the metal,if thats to much use shades of grey to go lower still.

The wood is a bit to orange,think a lot of greasy hands and smaer marks and dulled wood with a kind of patina over time that has made the darker still,add a little noise there also but go for lines and make then swirly,they should look like semi scratches with some tweaking.

I finally got this thing finished. Here are some of the individual frames from the animation. I was restricted to using normal lights, because anything using Max 5's advanced lighting took too long, and as it is, 900 frames rendered out took 14 hours

Thank you kiwi for the advice. The bump made a nice subtle difference, and I wasn't very happy with the handgrip texture until I came up with this...

Any comments, criticism, would be welcomed!

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/

Hey hey Dan, this looks supurlative... like as in a real gun... great job man... I smell a good mark coming on... good luck Dan, and do let us know how you faired eh

This be one sweet piece

Thanks, gidgit My instructor gave me some serious critiquing, and an "A"

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/

That does look really nice Dan

I hate to crit now and I am not trying to be a pain in the ass ok,but theres just a few little things stopping it extra rocking,...jmo though ok

The metal colour could do with being a bit draker blue,about 2 - 3 points from black as in dark.

The wooden handle now does not work with the rest it sort of clashes,like putting red alongside blue in a painting.I cant quite work out what it is with the grip maybe its not wide enough and the ratio of metal to wood is to high I think.The fix for the handle I would try is a metal knurled handle like they sometimes have,you can find a knurl texture in the lighting effects/styles{not sure which} folder in PS,or there could be one in Max already.

That imprinted area {looks kinda like a barcode},its a bit flat with the curvature of the rest of the gun,so I am thinkng that imprinted area probably also has a little curvature to it,it wont be flat I dont think.

Nice work though Dan and congrats on the score

Stu.