Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Hey Strat,

I tried the Free Raw Print 1.0. It worked great.
    Thanks for pointing me there.

I went to the link for GSview but not sure If I'm going to install that one. If I ever need to edit or view a PRN, hopefully I'll remember the program. Can you tell me more about it & Ghostscript? You may have said enough but is there anything else about we should know other than how confusing the DL site is?

Thanks

Ww
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Gary: "The trick is to print to file to a location where you can find the file."

Wow, I'm gonna post those immprtal words of wisdom on . . . on . . . on my bathroom door!

PRN is indeed the common print file extension, though PS can also occur with PostScript printer files.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

wW - Ghostscript is....

An interpreter for the PostScript (TM) language, with the ability to convert PostScript language files to many raster formats, view them on displays, and print them on printers that don't have PostScript language capability built in.

An interpreter for Portable Document Format (PDF) files, with the same abilities.

The ability to convert PostScript language files to PDF (with some limitations) and vice versa.

A set of C procedures (the Ghostscript library) that implement the graphics capabilities that appear as primitive operations in the PostScript language.

Gsview
    GSview is a graphical interface for Ghostscript, allowing selected pages to be viewed or printed.

GSview requires Ghostscript.

I agree the site is somewhat confusing. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif However, a Google search for "ghostscript" should find some other resources.

-- stratocast
    http://www.aphroditesun.com

"It's a small world, but I wouldn't like to paint it"
    -- Bob