Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Great job on another WebXealot, Gary!

Quote from #28: "Why would you want, or need, to trace a color bitmap image anyway?
    Beats me!

About the only two reasons I can think of are for scalability, as vector images can scale up and down without any loss of quality. Of course scaling an image with red slices showing through might not be all that good a thing."

--- It is also fast paced, furious fun on a rainy day, Gary! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Is this image high art? nahhhh... Was it fun to do? - most definately! It is 5 traces of traces of some low res bitmaps... combined and simplified with various bitmap fills.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ladies.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	264.7 KB 
ID:	19502  

Great job on another WebXealot, Gary!

Quote from #28: "Why would you want, or need, to trace a color bitmap image anyway?
    Beats me!

About the only two reasons I can think of are for scalability, as vector images can scale up and down without any loss of quality. Of course scaling an image with red slices showing through might not be all that good a thing."

--- It is also fast paced, furious fun on a rainy day, Gary! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Is this image high art? nahhhh... Was it fun to do? - most definately! It is 5 traces of traces of some low res bitmaps... combined and simplified with various bitmap fills.

Risto

from your style, but it's very interesting. Makes me feel like taking a look at Xealot #28...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I love it Risto! Neat-o use for shapes created by tracing. Looks like you had fun.

I feel I have to ask: does the image use texture bitmaps originating from the Prof. Davidson's microscopy pics? If so, our agreement with him is that he receive appropriate acknowledgement.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Deb offers:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's a departure from your style, but it's very interesting. Makes me feel like taking a look at Xealot #28... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows, you might even learn a thing or two [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Risto -- You make a good case.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    me hoe ebb rivulets</A>

... the tracer tool has it's place. The output as such, might not be that great but it lends itself really well for some wild experimentation. This image could have been more polished if I would have used better source material but when I did it, I was just going "nuts"...

Ross - You can't tell the difference between electron microsope sweeps of acids and "crystals"?!?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I never forget deals... the bitmaps are from another source...

"...haahmghrscorelcd!... cough!... spit!... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]"

Thanks for looking!

Risto

An update was done to the spelling - of gargling, noise... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on August 17, 2001 at 21:22.]