Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: design labs

please take a minute to browse through my site to be able to give me some feedback about it's organization, design and other things you might find.
    Thank you.

http://www.amorphica.com

[This message was edited by amorphica on March 14, 2002 at 22:10.]
    IP

please take a minute to browse through my site to be able to give me some feedback about it's organization, design and other things you might find.
    Thank you.

http://www.amorphica.com

[This message was edited by amorphica on March 14, 2002 at 22:10.]
    IP

SO?

<font size=3 color="#0055ff" face="Tahoma">Gary V.</font>

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"
    IP

everybody,
    Gary V. wrote "so?" because when I first posted the message, there was no link to my site. So can you give me some feedback now that you can actually see the site?
    thanks.

--
    IP

Looks like an interesting concept ... that is aerial view of some city right? although I don't know which (judging from where your from it's probably a city in Canada or one in California but I don't know). Anyway, it looks like an interesting concept for a certain type of site but I can't click on anything.... or where you just wondering about the initial page

Oh no wait ... I see down below is a link to the rest of the site. Hmmm I find this confusing as I thought the dots were navigation buttons and at first entirely missed the button below as it's below the bottom of my browser screen when the site first shows. I'd suggest having everything important like navigation buttons or main design things visible within a typical browser window of say IE or netscape at 800x600 (although I'm using 1024 x 768). That is just my opinion but I like navigation buttons to be seen when first entering a site. An alternative would be to have the initial page pop up a window of a certain size without the browser buttons or address bar (etc ... although I like to keep the menus visible as it allows people access to add to bookmarks etc...) which would contain the site and show a larger area.

The other page contents are a little low for my preference too. But that's up to you if you agree.

There's some neat things in there I'll have to get back to later.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com
    IP

You know David,
    That has always been my concern (resolution) and who gets to see what in my page. I definitely agree about having nav buttons reachable. I have learned some more about that and the next version will be way more flexible and reachable.
    About the front page, the idea is for the main page (index.html) to be changing often. If you see on the "cover archive" I catalogue them by month. I'm even currently conducting a competition to see who will design the May 2002 cover.

The idea of the cover being different every now and then, being a mere artistic expresion without much information, could it be something harmful search engine wise?

Thanks for your post David.

--
    IP