Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi folks,

just wondered whether I can scan directly into Xara ...? My sleepy eyes can't find any command for it.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

As far as I know you can't. Or it has to be a well-hidden feature.

Still, if you don't want to spend any money and your scanner doesn't allow scanning to whatsitcalled in Windows, you can download the free image viewer Irfanview . Then afterwards you can open your scan in Xara.

I suppose that there is no TWAIN feature because Xara is in fact a vector application with pixel possibilities.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

OK, I've woken up ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I've got an Epson scanner - usually I scan direct in Paint Shop Pro. But I wanted to bypass that way this time. So I chose "Scan to Application" from the Epson panel, which means you can then pick from a list of programmes into which you want the image directly imported. I chose XaraX on my list - got a message: it may not be able to import directly and do I want to save to file? I clicked "No", and XaraX opened with the image scan there in all its beauty [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    That's the quickest, no-fuss way I can think of. Only slight drawback: you don't have the same choices as in your usual TWAIN driver for adjusting parameters (dpi, scaling etc.).

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Now this is great.
    Never knew about that one because I didn't find an "acquire" in Xara.
    This app continues to amaze me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

Great tip Britta

I'll have to see if my UMAX scanner can do that. Then I won't have to go through Photoshop every time I need a simple scan.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

This tip is great, as I too have been putting everything through photoshop that has been scanned.

My scanner is a Microtek V6USL. It has an area to forward a saved file to the application. What makes your idea so great is that different file types, i.e. png files can go to fireworks (for slicing or other manipulation)before being inserted in other programs like Dreamweaver.
    It also works in Xara as you describe.

I'll be paying attention to you New Zealand folks for a lot more information than how to navigate the Eco-challenge on little or no sleep. The Kiwies are a great team. Thanks for the tip.
    Phil