Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Plug Ins?????

'Tis time to once again hear from the annoying "Gizmo". I'm the really talkative "FNG" as we call it in the military.

I see all these great "plug ins" and bitmap utilities on the shareware page. I am extremely "knowlege thirsty" when it comes to Xara and am curious as to how to use them.

Thanks wholly to one of Mr. Priester's tutorials I now know how to use the SL Blur utility and ...oh wait, that's all!

I think I have the shareware fills figured out too, but the brushes have me S-T-U-M-P-E-D!!!

I've been "competing" with my boss (if you're reading Dave) and he is really kicking my butt!! He doesn't make many posts here but the dude's got some great stuff...and I'm jealous.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

'Tis time to once again hear from the annoying "Gizmo". I'm the really talkative "FNG" as we call it in the military.

I see all these great "plug ins" and bitmap utilities on the shareware page. I am extremely "knowlege thirsty" when it comes to Xara and am curious as to how to use them.

Thanks wholly to one of Mr. Priester's tutorials I now know how to use the SL Blur utility and ...oh wait, that's all!

I think I have the shareware fills figured out too, but the brushes have me S-T-U-M-P-E-D!!!

I've been "competing" with my boss (if you're reading Dave) and he is really kicking my butt!! He doesn't make many posts here but the dude's got some great stuff...and I'm jealous.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Allright Gizmo, lissen up :-)

The easiest way to use one of the brushes in the XaraXone Fills and Brushes page (I think that is what it is called) is open the XAR page with the brushes. You can copy a brush (Ctrl C) and then select a path and Paste Attributes (Shift Ctrl a) to transfer the copied brush to the new path or outilne.

Once you have opened the page with the brush shapes, the brushes now also reside in the Line Gallery where they can be applied to outlines and paths.

You can select a path or outline to which a brush has been applied then edit the brush, changing it in an infinite number of ways. You can save your changes or save your changes as a new brush. Brushes are incredible and powerful tools.

This answer your question?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    burl me to beehives</A>