Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

is still the coolest. (& there's no techno music) The ravens flying from the tree is an awesome animation.

http://www.gabocorp.com/

Ric,

Sure, Gabo is cool.
    But a 'coming soon' message since early 2000 is a bit too long for me.

I saw this trailer years ago, and I was very surprised to see still the same thing ...

Wolfgang

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ric - in your initial post you asked where's Ross 2. Isn't one Ross enough for you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Actually, if you are refering to young Ross: He said, in effect, he was going to pick up his marbles and go home. He didn't want to play with us anymore. He thought we were a bunch of "Dorks". (We aren't).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross the first wrote:</p><blockquote>He thought we were a bunch of "Dorks". (We aren't).</blockquote>

I am!</p>

Ehh. I'm with Wolfgang - impressed, but I still hate Flash sites.</p>

2advanced may be overpoweringly slick, but in terms of clear presentation of information it's terrible. I guess presentation of information isn't actually central to what they're trying to do, but it still grates for me.</p>

All their sites seem to present a big fat empty page to anyone without Flash, or with ActiveX turned off or whatever. This is not intelligent markup. But then Flash authors always did seem to live on a different planet to HTMLsmiths...</p>

oh, and I don't need more sites bursting into song without warning! If only the Flash plugin had a global 'mute' option. gah!</p>

I LOVE flash, but not as much as I LOVE xara. Actually I downloaded Swifter and paid for it, but haven't even had time to play with it yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Flash website interface. Where's Ross 2? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Guess you just wanted to bowl him over, huh Ric? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Didn't know if you all knew or not (You probably do!) but right-clicking on any Flash item on a page will give you the option to zoom in. Since most flash is vector, it shouldn't ruin the quality <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Nice Tip Steve, and it really works [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> is still the coolest. (& there's no techno music) The ravens flying from the tree is an awesome animation.
    http://www.gabocorp.com/

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>very very cool indeed.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Just wanted you guys to know I appreciate you as I begin this years's UGH....tax season.

Gotta stay focused this year. I lost some help so I don't think I will have a lot of time to spend with ya, but I'll be checking in from time to time.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I really loved the visual presentation. Well laid out, good timing, great eye appeal. However..

The home page load is 397k. Even on my 6MB DSL I was waiting. Can't imagine a modem..

The Quicktime movies were visually stunning and grabbed my visual attention. But to be honest I have absolutely no idea what was being "said". Everyhintg was so small and was flashing so fast I couldn't read it. They were also kinda large (10-13MB) for a web designer presentation.

All the text was way too small to be useful. I run at 1600x1200 which always makes things look small, but even on my 1280 machine It was way too small.

The result? I honestly loved it, but have no idea what you were saying.