Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Robert,

I use both Xara and Photoshop each and every day.
    Photoshop since ver. 2.5 and Xara since the "Xara Studio" days ...

It has been said multiple times in other threads too that you *can* do bitmap manipulation in Xara.
    As well as you *can* do vector graphics in Photoshop (since Ver. 5.5 or 6.0 I believe ..)

Still I see no reason why one should not use *both* programs, each one for the part it does best.
    Well, no reason exept for the price of course. But once you spent the big bucks for a full version of Photoshop (or a cheap 4.0 from Ebay) you will only have to pay the USD 149,- or so for the upgrade(s).
    I received my PS 7.0 update just days ago and even though it does not have a terrible lot of news I like it.

Apart from that: You never can go wrong by knowing how to use more than one program anyway.
    Believe me when I tell you that I tried 99% of ALL (more or less major) drawing/painting applications of the past maybe 10 years. While some are a lot of fun in their own way I could not think of anything other to use in (my) production environment than PS and Xara. For painting/drawing/image manipulation that is ...

But wait until Jens tells you what he thinks of Photosoup eh shop ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wolfgang

The title shouldn't be "Photoshop vs XaraX".
    I would replace "vs" with "and", because combine them together and you will have one big powerhouse for 2D applications!