Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i'm having problems with Xara X... my fill gallery is not recognizing my custom .gif and .jpg... does anyone know how to fix this... even the Xara "Experts" couldn't figure it out

i'm having problems with Xara X... my fill gallery is not recognizing my custom .gif and .jpg... does anyone know how to fix this... even the Xara "Experts" couldn't figure it out

Welcome to the Xara X Conference PinckDiddy

I'm not sure why you are having these problems. However, I would put my images in their own folder and call it something like, My Images.

Then I would open the Fill Gallery and click Disc Fills... and browse to the My Images folder. I'd select the folder then click Add.

At this point, I would expect Xara to ask if it could create a Fills Index for my images.

Being a resonable person, I'd press the button that says Create

Now when next I opened the Fills Gallery, I would be within my rights to expect to see a folder containing my custom images.

Is this not what is happening for you?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Xara experts as in quite a few emails to "support@xara.com"...

unfortunately, i've done everything you wrote... i've even de/re-installed and nothing

thanks

Is the problem that the pictures don't appear at all or that you get a grey box instead of a preview bitmap? If the answer is the grey box, could you post or send me one? I've had this problem in the past but I can't find anything on my system at the moment that X won't recognise.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

there is some type of program i must've installed in error which is not allowing me to view these custom backgrounds... i'm not sure how to default everything back to the way it was...

also Xara X is crash 80% of the time i open it

If you check the directory where you have placed the fills - is there a xarainfo sub directory?

Does the directory show in the list in Xara Fills gallery.

Which version are you using?

Can you post one of the files here it may give us a clue.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

thanks for the help guys... you really don't know how much i want to literally throw my computer in the garbage right NOW... ANYWAYS...

there apparently is some sort of conflict with Xara X and another program...

i HAD installed Quicktime when these problems started happening... i deleted 'QT' the other day and it did not solve the problem... also, the program crashes if i try to open a SAVED Xara X document... it says something about access offset at 0