Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proof

I downloaded your second file and examined it. I learned a lot. I'd recommend others to check it out too.

Could you drop me an email? I have a couple things I'd like to discuss and a file I'd like you to look at.

Regards, John.

Steve, go get some more memory. The price is cheap, cheap ,cheap right now. 128 megs for about $25 to $30. 64 would cost about $15 max. If you plan on upgrading to Windows 2000 or XP at anytime it will be a good investment since ram prices should go up when XP comes out.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I have a question. Are those two bitmaps parts of bevel? How did you create them?

I'm not exactly in the money at the moment, but I will be getting a much better computer in the (hopefully) near future. But I'm going all the way with at least a gig processor and 500mg to a gig of RAM! It get's really frusterating getting a nice new computer and the next week it's a dinosour! I don't want that to happen for a while after I get a new one, so might as well get as much as you can! But I've gotta start saving my paychecks til' I can even think about it!

Anyway, here's a small tut on how I did some of the shading for the camera. The rest are elliptical/linear transparencies. Enjoy!

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraTut.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	1176  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Of course it helps. Thanx.

Steve nice approach. I never would have thought of selecting both objects and feathering both of them. I probably would have trimmed the back piece with the top piece first and then feathered the resulting shape. I can see where your method has advantages.

Keep up the good work!

Now why was this tut not the second post in this thread?

For me the hardest part is getting the shape right!

In step 3, rather than adjusting the shape, I'd create a 3rd shape (eg a square) that covered the 2nd (bottom) gray shap and then 'subtract shapes' the bits you did not want.

Turan

Sorry bout not posting a tut at first! Just ask whenever you need something and I'll be glad to do it. The first one was pretty much just transparencies so there wasn't much explaining to do. The reason I posted it about the second one is because there were different steps and techniques which I felt needed explaining and others to. Hope all this helps your future works

And PETER P, still waiting for that reply! I am very curious as to why you refuse to state your opinion. I realize that every post you have made has been negative (I went through all your posts, sheesh!) but I know that there's some little child in you (possibly more mature than yourself) that just wants to jump out and take control. Please tell me what you think of the resulting image

Steve Newport

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on August 03, 2001 at 09:29.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-