Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone know how to import/export Acorn sprites? I ask this question here because of Xara's heritage as Artworks on the Acorn Archimedes platform. I seem to recall that _very_ early versions of Xara for Windows _only_ supported Acorn formats and only bitmaps on the Windows side. Since then they have completely dropped Acorn formats support.

If there isn't support directly, any chance of an 8bf plugin that could do it?

Thanks,

Nick Wilkinson.

Does anyone know how to import/export Acorn sprites? I ask this question here because of Xara's heritage as Artworks on the Acorn Archimedes platform. I seem to recall that _very_ early versions of Xara for Windows _only_ supported Acorn formats and only bitmaps on the Windows side. Since then they have completely dropped Acorn formats support.

If there isn't support directly, any chance of an 8bf plugin that could do it?

Thanks,

Nick Wilkinson.

if anybody had some answers as I still have an Acorn A7000 humming away just 2 foot to my left, and working very well I may say.

The comparison between this PC with its case fan, and another on the pentium chip is quite remarkable to the A7000 which has no fan at all!

Alan
    Alan

I tested Xara with old vector files from Acorn Draw and it worked.
    I remember from Acorn days a converter from gif to sprite and viceversa which ran under Riscos.
    Today I found a link to a software which runs under windows and might be useful.
    I had no time to test it.

I hope this helps.

Luciano
    download page for Intergif

Welcome to the Forums. It's so long ago that I used an A3000 I'd forgotten about sprite files. Maybe if you contact Xara Tech Support they may point you in the right direction.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Luciano,

Thanks for the link. I had already tried this tool, and it works up to a point: it doesn't write the mask (transparency) properly on the Windows command-line version, which is an issue for us.

Cheers,

Nick.

Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com
    Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com

Please post a sprite file for me to look at. If possible, post an easy and a hard one.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Heh. I should have a Python script I wrote to convert Sprites to other formats through the Python Imaging Library, around here somewhere. (Or if you still have access to your Acorn you could always use !Spr2PNG.)

Or, if Xara can still read drawfiles, it should be easy to add a draw wrapper around a sprite with a quick script bodge. Wonder if Xara supports new-format sprites? ArtWorks's mask handling on 15bpp sprites was always a bit dodgy...