Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara Themes...?

Hi
    Just now I discover that there are some
    "Themes" on the XaraX CD... How do I use them?
    Can I make my own?

Cheers,

Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Hi
    Just now I discover that there are some
    "Themes" on the XaraX CD... How do I use them?
    Can I make my own?

Cheers,

Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Hello Sten

I'm not sure what they are but I wonder if they have to do with Web grapics, such as banners and buttons and headers, etc?

Have you tried looking for themes in the Help menu? That's the first place I would look.

And when you find out, tell us so we know what they are. OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

believer be us moth

Yea, they are in the clipart Gallery, you have to do a drop down...you have backgrounds, buttons, button bars, frames, etc, all to let you chose the "theme" you want and put up a website in a hurry.

You probably can make your own, put it in a folder and bring it into themes. Hey, I say, if you have the time, try it. Make a few dozen. I need one right now and I don't want any of the ones that are there for this project. It will be a couple of years before my brain is art conditioned enough for me to come up with something really original (do you think Fox TV will have used up ALL the ideas by then?)

Well, you could probably make a couple for the swap shop. I am only speculating but, hey, I'll betcha it isn't too hard to do.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaneon.jpg

Hi Sten,

I took a look into the Themes directory on the CD. It contains 18 webpage themes in .xar format. Each contains Headers, buttons, horizontal and vertical button bars with the rollover states included, horizontal and vertical dividers, picture frame and company logo frame. Some themes also contain bullets. These can be viewed with the Clipart Gallary. They were not automatically in the Gallary when I selected Web Themes from the dropdown list. By clicking on the Disc clipart button and then browsing to the Themes directory, then click the Add button they will show up. When you import the theme elements, they will be on a layer corresponding to their purpose. For example a button bar will import into four seperate layers (MouseOver, MouseOff, Selected, and BackBar). Buttons will import using these same layers.

By importing the theme elements and checking out how they were made, you can get ideas about how you can design your own.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

All you ever wanted to know about themes is covered in the "Clipart" movie on CD2 (demos