Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have created some neat illustrations of lapel pins for a web site. Attempts to export them as swf files lose the subtle transparency and contour effects that make them attractive. My purpose in not just using gif's or jpeg's was to allow the viewer to zoom in because scans of small items such as these always look poor. Any thoughts on creating effects that survive the export to swf?

I have created some neat illustrations of lapel pins for a web site. Attempts to export them as swf files lose the subtle transparency and contour effects that make them attractive. My purpose in not just using gif's or jpeg's was to allow the viewer to zoom in because scans of small items such as these always look poor. Any thoughts on creating effects that survive the export to swf?

Unfortunately, Flash is not capable of reproducing many of the effects that can be created in Xara.

You are almost better off using Xara's drawing tools which are so much better than those in Flash, then adding your transparency in Flash.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Here is a work-around. It has problems, but it may work for you...

Create your illustration in Xara. Export it as two sizes. One small, one large. You can use these images in flash to allow the user to float over an area of the image (small one) and see the "zoomed detail" (large image) inside a window or magnifying glass.

PROBLEM - file size is going to be larger because you are using jpg images instead of vector.

There are many examples of Flash zoom techniques at flashkit.com just click on "movies" at the top of the page and do a search for "zoom"
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0