Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I intentionally bought this product to simply support Xara Group Ltd. but then I thought why not try to possibly do my update with it but I am reading down some of these threads and it seems there are issues with image files, and having to create each page as a seperate project instead of having multiple pages within one project.

If I need to crate each page as a seperate project then how does one conect all the pages in the final upload to the server to work as one entity including navbars and all that good stuff??

Can someone please let me know you're success story or failures so I can evaluate what path to take?? It's either this program or Serif's Page Plus 9, which I am used to using but it WOULD be nice to go with Xara software all the way!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I intentionally bought this product to simply support Xara Group Ltd. but then I thought why not try to possibly do my update with it but I am reading down some of these threads and it seems there are issues with image files, and having to create each page as a seperate project instead of having multiple pages within one project.

If I need to crate each page as a seperate project then how does one conect all the pages in the final upload to the server to work as one entity including navbars and all that good stuff??

Can someone please let me know you're success story or failures so I can evaluate what path to take?? It's either this program or Serif's Page Plus 9, which I am used to using but it WOULD be nice to go with Xara software all the way!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Have a look at www.wega.org.uk This has been created entirely in WebStyle (with some input from FrontPage). There are seven different projects as I wanted to keep the style constant across the site but have different colours for each section. The Excursions section (and Project) has about 30 or 40 pages within it.
    Things to look out for:- Nav Bars have to be constant within each project, so you will get buttons referring to its own page, which may not be to your taste.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Very nice and clean. Thanks for the tips.

So my take on what you typed here is that have 7 projects and some with many pages within each project??

Also, another concern is how does one get the buttons and navbars to intergrate seamlessly??

Also, one more question: Is it possible to import your own designs, either navbars, buttons, backgrounds. Basically build a site from scratch from your own designs??

Many thanks!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">So my take on what you typed here is that have 7 projects and some with many pages within each project??</span>

Yes

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Also, another concern is how does one get the buttons and navbars to intergrate seamlessly?? </span>

Not sure what you mean here, but I think they work well.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Also, one more question: Is it possible to import your own designs, either navbars, buttons, backgrounds. Basically build a site from scratch from your own designs?? </span>

I have done this to a limited extent. You can identify various bits of the page furniture in the xxxxx_files folder and replace them with what you want. If you look at www.churchard.com you will see that the site is based on the Pastel Page 3 theme. I have changed the clock in the top left with a photo of my son walking in the woods. I made the photo the same size and shape as the page element and saved it with the name of the page element. The modifications to the photo were done in XaraX. The "Walking the GR4" thingie was done in XaraX and inserted into the page in FrontPage just as a normal element.

I suppose I could change the background as there is a background gif just waiting for modification! But as I thought the web designers were better at web design than I was, I would concentrate on the content.

Hope this helps.
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOC:
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Also, another concern is how does one get the buttons and navbars to intergrate seamlessly?? </span>

Not sure what you mean here, but I think they work well.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I mean to say is, and who know's I may just confuse the question more http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif : All the elements of building the site are broken up in catagories in the main intface (you know where all the selections are around in a circle with Xara Webstyle4 in the center), so when you are selecting all these elements seperately and working on them then how do you export everything so they work seamlessly with each other??

Does that make any sense to you??

Thanks again! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

It does actually come together rather well. I use WebStyle with FrontPage and the integration is good. I get the basic page set up first - select your page layout, get your colours selected, put text in your Banners - in fact all the things which will be constant throughout the site. And put in a table which will give the layout for the content. Save this as blank.html. For pages with content, load up blank.html, paste in your content, save as and in many cases there is your web page.
    For elements which are part of the WebStyle design, double clicking on them starts up WebStyle within FrontPage and you can change text, numbers of buttons and things. I would be cautious changing sizes and colours as this may clash with other elements. When you save, check that things get saved in the right projects and folders. Generally WebStyle will see you right but if you are working on several projects at once, things can get tricky and if elements get into the wrong place it can be quicker to start again. But WebStyle is so quick this is no great disadvantage.
    If you want to add additional elements from WebStyle, in FrontPage it is simple - Insert/Xara WebStyle 4/whatever and WebStyle starts up and you can modify and put in what you will. I believe Dreamweaver works similarly and other web authoring packages will work in some fashion or other.
    Hope this is what you wanted to hear.
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Thanks so much GOC!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's what I needed to hear in order to understand better!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Glad to help the experts:

RAMWolff: Registered August 4, 2000; Posts 3305

GOC: Registered August 6, 2000: Posts 47!
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

HEY, I'm an expert with Xara X, not an expert using most of the other Xara products. So thanks again GOC!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---