Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

wow - I wish I could achieve the same result with C4D and the poly modeling!

Congratulations!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Many thanks !

At the same time I am trying to learn Wings, which has very very nice tools too. Unfortunately I am addicted to my Wacom tablet and Wings works much better with mouses.

Jens, If C4D had been more known some years ago when I decided to buy a complete 3D package, perhaps I had done this choice instead of Lightwave. I think C4D is a very nice and quickly evolutive program !

Now my plans become more precise about what I want to do in 3D cartoons and each tool find its place.

- Silo for characters heads modeling ;
    - ZBrush (ZSpheres) for characters bodies modeling and perhaps some texturings ;
    - Wings for a lot of things (more technical things sometimes)like objects, cars, buildings, ... ;
    - Lightwave for my renderings and some fine tunings in modeling ;
    - and finally probably Xara X for a lot of compositing works.

Kindly,
    ivan

My mini-tutorials
    botarosa

hey right on Ivan, great examples posted here man...i will give these pics some serious study over the weekend for sure... again, right on and thnx for posting eh... looking very cool

Silo 1.2 is avail for download, actually has been for a few days now, and, somethings have been fixed re crashes, as well a few new tools, and...

latest news has it that next version they will be incorping bevel verts, sticky selections so as you don't have to keep reselecting upon undo's and the like, loop and ring jumping, flatten and more...

there will be a character modeling plugin soon which will have many of these new tools and more... said plugin will be free... I tell yas, a few more tweaks and my money will be heading south to help support the dev of this app... very cool dev process thus far and it's only looking better

Keep em coming Ivan, and go Silo Go... pretty soon your app list may become shorter there Ivan, by at least one or two apps