Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Whom do I contact re specific problems, ie: Dreamweaver does not recognise Xara or open Xara jpeg files exported into Dreamweaver.

States that they are not correct file type, but does allow you to set Xara as primary editor for gif and png files.

However, when you attempt to open the files, informed cannot find Xara or you may not have enough memory,(currently half a gig) for this operation. Also lots of little quirks when using progam. Need information on how to export the images (gif/jpeg) with transparent background.

Please note first time of posting if I am in wrong area sorry, can you send me details of were to send quieries in future.

Thanks in anticipation.

I can't think why Dreamweaver should have problems with JPEG files. Xara produces very compatible web image files. What application have you been using before Xara to create JPEG, GIF and PNG files?

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Whom do I contact re specific problems, ie: Dreamweaver does not recognise Xara or open Xara jpeg files exported into Dreamweaver. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Melchior,
    I have just exported a Jpeg and a Gif from Xara and inserted them in a HTML page in Dreamweaver with no problem.

Dreamweaver will not "open" them but when you click on the "Image" icon on the toolbar of Dreamweaver you can insert the Jpeg/Gif in the page with no problem.

As far as I am aware a Jpeg cannot have a transparent background but a Gif or Png file can.

Hope this helps

Richie

I have been using Photoshop. It is not just this issue but there seem to be losts of problems. For example when I export I can never preview file. Also I can't export a file without it having a white background, since the ability to save it as a transparent gif/jpeg is grayed out. plus lot of other little things that go wrong then strangly work next time I use the application.

I am using a P3 processor with 900mz and 1/2 gig of ram. The OS is XP Pro with service pack2

thanks for the reply.

Hello Melchior912,

Welcome to Talkgraphics. Xara X1 unlike the bloatware you are used to using is easy to uninstall and reinstall. Takes all of 5 minutes. Seems like you are semi used to a bitmap editor like PS and a Vector drawing ap like xara is totally new to you. I would suggest watching the videos that come with xara. they are excellent and very informative.

For what the videos do not show, then ask here and also check out Gary's xaraxone for over 100 excellent tutorials on just about anything you can do with xara x1.

If you doubt xara x1's ability to create jpg's and gifs... Then just look through any of the posts in the xara gallery.

I thought that would be my best bet. So I uninstalled and reinstalled now able to edit my jpegs in Dreamweaver.
    However, thanks for the help.
    John