Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tools in xara

Hi!
    I use expression, I was wondering if xara had these tools,
    they would encourage my wanting to use it, simple things but expression doesnt seem to do them too well.
    In photoshop you can press ctrl tab or tab to hide all palettes and work full screen, is there something that can hide and show all palettes in Xara?

I was also wondering if we could print a selection of the screen,or just objects we pick? can we select a path or object in our drawing somehow and print just that, I want to do test prints but I dont want to print the whole vector drawing every time I do a test print.

I was also wondering if we could create graph or grid
    like lines even as swirls? I dont know how to do it, apart from just creating line after line with the pen tool? I dont mean show GRID, like the background grid, I mean I would like to make a graphical grid look,giving
    that techish look, but from our own strokes/paths. feedback would be good.

also what kind of vector tools does Xara have?
    expression has bezier and Bspline, BSplines are fantastic
    for a lot of work.

thanks for the feedback !!!
    Mark J.

Hi!
    I use expression, I was wondering if xara had these tools,
    they would encourage my wanting to use it, simple things but expression doesnt seem to do them too well.
    In photoshop you can press ctrl tab or tab to hide all palettes and work full screen, is there something that can hide and show all palettes in Xara?

I was also wondering if we could print a selection of the screen,or just objects we pick? can we select a path or object in our drawing somehow and print just that, I want to do test prints but I dont want to print the whole vector drawing every time I do a test print.

I was also wondering if we could create graph or grid
    like lines even as swirls? I dont know how to do it, apart from just creating line after line with the pen tool? I dont mean show GRID, like the background grid, I mean I would like to make a graphical grid look,giving
    that techish look, but from our own strokes/paths. feedback would be good.

also what kind of vector tools does Xara have?
    expression has bezier and Bspline, BSplines are fantastic
    for a lot of work.

thanks for the feedback !!!
    Mark J.

Hi Markie and welcome to the Xara X Conference.

Do a search in HELP for List of Keyboard Shortcuts. You will find your first answer there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was also wondering if we could print a selection of the screen,or just objects we pick? can we select a path or object in our drawing somehow and print just that, I want to do test prints but I dont want to print the whole vector drawing every time I do a test print. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can make a selection of objects and then when you print, sekect Print Selection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was also wondering if we could create graph or grid
    that techish look, but from our own strokes/paths. feedback would be good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara does not have a graph tool, I think this is what you are asking. But you can create a graph square, say 20 x 20 pixels, then open the Page Options Ctrl Shift o and in the General tabbed section change the Horizontal offset distance to 20pix (20 pixels). Make the vertical offset 0. Select the square and press Ctrl d to make a row of evenly spaced grid squares.

Now change the horizontal offset to 0 and the vertical offset to -20pix. Select the row of squares and press Ctrl d to create the columns of grid squares.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> also what kind of vector tools does Xara have? expression has bezier and Bspline, BSplines are fantastic for a lot of work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara is a vector drawing program. All Xara's drawing tools are vector.

Visit the Xara Xone Wirkbook 30 and Workbook 31. These two workbooks address the Xara basics and will show you how Xara's tools work.

Gary

Hello Mark,

Welcome to Talkgraphics! I always suggest watching the movies that come with xara first, then take a look at Gary's tutuorials in the XaraXone. After playing with a couple tuts, xara will seem like second nature and all the other lesser programs will seem like too much effort to even bother opening.

THANKYOU FOR THE FEEDBACK!!
    I`ll do all the tutorials http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mark.

"I`ll do all the tutorials " - Mark

There are over 100 tutorials in the xone... It is going to take you quite a bit o time... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

What's Expression? Never heard of that program. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

is this expression Program a Microsux product? If so....

Microsoft does not make a worthwhile drawing app and never has.

They certainly never have made a worthwhile
    drawing program, thats why they bought this
    one of creaturehouse.com who made it,
    I recommend you download it to check out the
    organic like brush tools,their going to incorporate the software into their longhorn "scheme" . I was going to ask if
    they ever approached xara to try to buy the
    program. I thought they may have attempted it,
    because they dont have the tools themselves.