Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am getting married in 2 weeks and I will have to deal with this name card thing as well.

I am going to let the longest name determine how wide the cards need to be, and on the back I'm going to code them with the menu choices, like clipart chickens and cows, etc.

I'm just going to buy some nice paper and forget templates. I spend too much time trying to make a print fit a template and it's a hassle. I now make my own templates for everything. It's easier that way.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Don't worry about the tent shape, perhaps just do a flat card, perhaps a bell-shape - do a bell outline and then put the text inside.

Good luck. Get the young couple to pay!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

My suggestion would be to use a nice, heavier weight of paper for this type of thing. At least 45lb or higher.

Do you have a scrapbooking store in your area? A lot of them have those die-cut machines in their stores which you can use for free if you buy your paper from them. (They sell them as individual items, so they cost a bit more.) Ask if you can take the paper home, print your names, and then bring it back to the shop to cut the shape out. (Probably want to take one home with you so you can plan layout & fit more than one per page.)

My Dad told my 2 sisters & I that he was ready to hold the ladder outside of our windows for each of us anytime we wanted. (Once we got near husband-high.) All of us ended up paying for everything at our weddings, even my sister who's gotten hitched 3 times now!

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet