Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have to confess that I'm not a big "terrain builder" program kinda guy, but I needed a quick reflective environment for a mock car ad I'm doing for a textbook.

Some Bryce clouds and a little reflective material later (and a pass through XARA for the grille work), and I'm a believer!

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLT_Bouncer.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	4339  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

I have to confess that I'm not a big "terrain builder" program kinda guy, but I needed a quick reflective environment for a mock car ad I'm doing for a textbook.

Some Bryce clouds and a little reflective material later (and a pass through XARA for the grille work), and I'm a believer!

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

That sure is a purty car, Gare! And a gorgeous reflection underneath, as well.

I'm sorry to hear your Dad's in the hospital. I hope he gets better fast. I had to take mine(he's 79) to emergency a few weeks ago but fortunately he's doing a LOT better now.

I missed your posts in your absence. Cheers.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Why you didn't use mesh smooth In Bryce?
    I see that your object is still faceted....
    Last edited by minimiro; 10 February 2009 at 10:01 PM.
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Hi Minimiro--

I was unaware of that feature in Bryce. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Bryce or its clone Vue d-Esprit.

But I will definitely try this out. Thanks for the tip!

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com

Name:	BIGHAND.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	17751  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Minimiro--

Here's the BLT Bouncer (a cross between a 32 Chevy and the PT Cruiser [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] with vertex smoothing in Bryce set to the max.

Thank you for the tip, and I REALLY HATE the dxffile format. I own a few convertors and like 3D metafile and Wavefront obj formats MUCH better. But trueSpace could not provide me with the right file format and allow me to ungroup the car model.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com

Name:	BLT_Bouncer.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	305  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Are you really this slick with the ladies, Gary? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Off-topic here for a sec,... just wanted to tell Gary I have his "Inside PP5" and ran all the projects cover to cover ... loved the book. You penned it with the right blend of refreshing humor and technique for a layman like me. Thank you for teaching me how to properly use Photoshop.

On topic:
    I sometimes play around with Bryce. The attatched was created and rendered in bryce using only primitives.
    Note: Yes, ungrouping the car would've done it. The tires are still "blocky". I would think that the model would have to be created as components and exported in a format that allows you to ungroup it in Bryce. (This, coming from a rookie? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] )

Regards, Wayne

[This message was edited by "W" on July 18, 2001 at 10:06.]

Name:	flashlite.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	12437  

Hi Wayne--

That's my wife in the palm of my hand in that picture. You think she'd let me get slick with anyone else? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You used some nice textures and good lighting in the image, Wayne. Next step: metaballs and Bryce?

Off topic: Glad you benefitted from the book. Next one out is in September with 35 chapters on Photoshop 6.0.1. Glad also you like my humor, 'cause I do some stuff in the book, as tutorials, that had my publisher alternately laughing on the floor, and threatening to cancel my contract.

On topic:
    There's less to my car there than you would think. Only about 10 pieces or so, and heavily retouched in XARA and Photoshop. I solved my grouping problem in trueSpace. I wrote out the file without designating layers the first time. The car is about as good as it's going to get for one stinking screen image in a high school textbook on the Web.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com

Name:	Tony.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	19897  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Gary,
    (palm of your hand) ... yes, that's a familiar image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    On the subject of book humor, I can only imagine how tough writing a book can be, logistics and all. I'll venture to say that, humor, intentional or otherwise, can only keep you sane when writing it.

Love the "Minnesota square dance". Where's the 8 ball in the reflection? ... oops. Must've been an after thought, and likely not rendered in Bryce or added in there in PS.

Metaballs and Bryce 5. I have no money,.. I mean, immediate plans to get Bryce 5 at the moment. For folks interested or haven't seen the "What's inside the box" tour, there's a nifty new site hereBryce5.Net.
    They run down new features and "what's new" in Ver.5.

I'm a huge Xara booster. It does many things very well and compared to other vector apps, it's a breath of fresh air and a joy to use.
    I thought i'd repost (was posted in the main gallery) this Mustang. I imported a freeware model of this aircraft into Bryce and added a new canopy and "boolean" pilote. The old canopy did not import well. The pilote consists of simple ovals and balls, .. enough to look convincing from a distance. Mustang "purists" will notice glaring deficiencies in the overall replication here... and I agree. It's a beautiful plane when you see it fly.
    Below, I posted an image explaining the three main steps done to arrive at the Mustang in my next post. I created the texture for the aircraft in Xara and exported as .png for import into Bryce as a 2D pict texture. I rendered that, then brought the plane into into Xara and overlaid decals and other extras. I exported the decal layer as a png w/alpha (I know it says .tif there, my mistake). Opened the rendered plain Jane plane in photoshop, then overlayed the decals on top, flattened it then ran Intellihance over it. Voila! This was my first "ambitious" Bryce project, and probably my 4 or fifth one in all. Gotta find more time to practice. I like it.

Sorry for the longwinded post,
    Wayne

Name:	postprod.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	13107  

Name:	mustang.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	4083