Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Maybe someone of you noticed the fake news about J.K.Rowling saying negative things about Christ etc. etc. blah blah blah which was caused by fake interview published at onion.com. Now churches burn her books because silly people believe in unconfirmed spam, instead of trying to seek for sources and truth. Now how many people spreaded that fake news around the world? Probably many, because even in our local community zine citation of her fake interview was published as a pure fact. She never said those words, but they became the truth, for some people.. now imagine someone will misinterprete this thread.. starting with the title, ending with the compilation of suitable quotations..

I would preffer to lock/erase the thread immediately after spoting it here, ban the poster and forget about the issue the next minute.. not because I'm thinking non-democratic, but because there is an example (maybe even examples) where can this kind of things lead if it's left running for too long..

I vote for closing of this thread.. let it sink to oblivion..

roman
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

suggested locking the thread. I was interested in waiting for the anticipated response from Sarif and so for selfish reasons didn't lock this earlier. I feel the thread has run its course and should be locked.

I'm sorry if anyone disagrees. Let's move on to more positive things.

Regards, Ross - Moderator Guy

Interesting - someone agrees: the thread was locked by someone else as I posted. I seem to have the power to post to locked threads. "I am powerful!" you may hear my shout!
    IP