Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I wrote Kate, silly worrier I am, and she just brushed the matter off as not even worth commenting on, citing the poster's total lack of any evidence or source. I conclude it's nothing to worry about at all.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

I've got another bit of insider info for you. Microsoft is going to lay off all their programmers, too. But don't tell anybody you got this scoop from me.

Check it out at www.idonothavealife.com.
    Back to lurking.

.joroho.

http://www.joroho.com/initials.gif
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

I'm not worried. Even if that was true I think
    Xara is 20 years ahead competition. I'm 41 now, my life expectation is about 65 (I work in advertising and this takes about 15 to 20 years
    of life expectation plus the cigarrettes )in normal operating conditions. I'm sure it want be a problem leaving Xara as it is.
    At my company we work with Freehand,Illustrator, Corel and Xara. But all illustrations are made in Xara and exported AI/EPS or bitmap format to the others. The "souplesse", performance and "touch" of Xara are unbeatable. I've tried numerous apps
    but none like Xara. At least 20 years ahead competition.

emel
    IP

Heard it from a competitor who has been interviewing ex-Xara programmers for the last couple of weeks and has hired 3 already. Apparently Xara fired all 15 of their developers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    I would like to read it for myself, you link us to that bit of info???

Thanks

And WELCOME to the forums [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quickdrawmcgraw:
    Heard it from a competitor...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sure... and I heard the moon's made of green cheese but I can't post a URL to back that up either!

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

PS Perhaps you'd be better off back under your bridge with the other trolls!
    IP

Peter,

don't give up so easily, here's a link to prove your theory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    IP

Didn't you hear about the moon landing conspiracy theory where it was all allegedly filmed on earth?

Rumour has it that the cheese was plasticine and was filmed in the UK somewhere [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Graeme
    Graeme
    IP

What area of the world do you live in, who was the competitor, etc?

Sounds like your are just fooling around.

Hard facts please, not rumor. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

I live in London, UK. My buddy works for Serif (www.serif.com) in Nottingham, UK and he says that they have been hiring the ex-Xara guys. I checked up with him today and he confirmed that Xara have fired all their developers. Not sure about the ZY modules but the drawing software is dead.

I am a Xara user and a fan for many years so give me a break.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale Landry:

What area of the world do you live in, who was the competitor, etc?

Sounds like your are just fooling around.

Hard facts please, not rumor. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IP

If Quickdraw had said this about Adobe, no one would have believed him. But since we're talking about Xara, it's plausible.

Not having heard from Kate and with no updates on Xara's website since May leads one to believe in at least the possibility of Xara going away.

All we've heard from Kate has come from Klaus. No offense, but it's secondhand. I would like to see Xara update their pages. I would like to see this "Xara 3d v5" that we've heard about it seems like months ago.

I don't want it to happen. I'm an avid Xara user, but I've seen abandonware happen before.

I've never heard of Serif or any of their products. I really don't care who makes what. I try to choose the best of breed in software. I will continue to use Xara until something better comes along.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site
    IP