Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the info on Camtasia RAMWolff. I've looked at it briefly and it looks certainly the same as ViewletBuilder.
    For that price, the shoolboard might be willing to fork over the money instead of the 900.00$...I shall have a talk with the computer dept.

As for now,I'll endure the banners..
    Daniel F. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

I can warmly recommend Camtasia. Its screen recording/compression codec has great, razorsharp, compression-free quality - it looks just like your own screen! Of course, if you must put the files on the web in RealMedia/WindowsMedia, compression artificacts may set in, but that's only due to the limitations of those codecs, not of Camtasia.

Yeah, $900 for Viewlets is a horrible price, not justifiable when Camtasia exists!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Both ViewletBuilder and Camtasia look great, but (without having used either), I wonder if there's a difference between them. ViewletBuilder looks like it takes screenshots and then lets you animate certain objects -- i.e. the mouse cursor. On the other hand, Camtasia looks like it actually creates a video of everything you do.

The ViewletBuilder movie started running almost instantly on my PC. But even with my DSL, Quicktime, RealVideo & Windows Media take a while to download before they start streaming.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }

Marcus, your summary of the two apps is correct. Camtasia is an AVI recorder/editor.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

The viewlet apps should be much smaller, and should be ideal even for those that only have a 56k modem.

The viewlett apps capture the screen, and then takes mouse pointer settings seperately... This results in a type of keyframe animation, rather than a video file, which will be larger.

Both have their merits though.

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net