Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have a problem with Xara X when you finish a graphic then export it and the transparent button isn't working so you don't have a transparent background? Mind was working fine now it doesn't. I have reinstalled my program and it still doesn't work right. I have tried the new Xara X1 on the trial basis and the transparent button doesn't work right eather. I really could use some help in getting this fixed. Thank You

Does anyone have a problem with Xara X when you finish a graphic then export it and the transparent button isn't working so you don't have a transparent background? Mind was working fine now it doesn't. I have reinstalled my program and it still doesn't work right. I have tried the new Xara X1 on the trial basis and the transparent button doesn't work right eather. I really could use some help in getting this fixed. Thank You

Hi anneyou - Welcome to Talkgraphics! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

No problems here... Silly question, what file type are you trying to export with a transparent background? Jpegs for instance don't support transparency...

Thank you responding....
    I would make a graphic example a logo of my own then save as and it would save as a Xara document then I would export it and it would save as a jpg. When in the export process the buttons of weather or not you want it to have transparent background were high lighted now they are not and I can't use them. I need to know how to fix this. I would put a graphic on here of one I did when it worked and one of how it does now but I have never posted before and don't really understand how. I have asked over and over of Xara of how to fix this and they keep sending the same response. I would try what they say and it doesn't work. So I reinstalled my whole program again and it still has the same problem. You can go to my web site and see some of the graphics I have done before this mess. The gold ribbon on the front page has a problem because it doesn't have a transparent background. You can see the problem it can cause. the web site is www.day-webdesign.com

Dear Anneyou,
    as Risto has said, jpeg format does not support transparency, it is not a bug in xara, it is a feature of the jpeg format.

Gif support 1 bit transparency and png support 8bit (smooth) transparency but png are not shown correctly in all browsers.

So if you want a transparent image you simply cannot choose the jpeg format

Bye

Luciano

Anneyou,

as has already been pointed out jpg format does not support transparency, that's why the option is unavailable.

The graphics on the page you linked to are gif format, which does support 1 bit transparency.

You need to export either as a gif or, if you require graduated alpha transparency, as a png - although some browsers do not fully support the latter.

John

Wow, how close do answers come to identical!

hey, we exactly thought the same things.
    Really funny

ciao
    Luciano

Hello Anneyou

Welcome to the Xara X Conference.

Did these answers help? If not please let us know more details and we can try to help.

Gary

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Duh... Must be a hard day... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Gif + Transparent = Yes
    Jpg + Transparent = No

Easy answer...

From Ancient chineese Smart A--... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    John/DOT