Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: ICQ Macro Clash

Is there a way to allow the Xara macro for export (Ctrl-Shift-E) peacefully co-exist with ICQ? When ICQ is running, this macro triggers a function in ICQ even when you're in Xara.

I don't want to change the Xara macro, and I don't know how to anyway.

So how do you change it in ICQ? I don't want to have to quit and restart ICQ every time I use Xara.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Is there a way to allow the Xara macro for export (Ctrl-Shift-E) peacefully co-exist with ICQ? When ICQ is running, this macro triggers a function in ICQ even when you're in Xara.

I don't want to change the Xara macro, and I don't know how to anyway.

So how do you change it in ICQ? I don't want to have to quit and restart ICQ every time I use Xara.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

It's the same thing with Trillian, though it's most commonly apparent when I try to use "Paste attributes" (Ctrl-Shift-A). Haven't tried many other shortcuts, but I use that one a lot...

I'm not sure if there is a way to get around it. ICQ runs as a background task, and is present to capture any keystrokes that it has specified. The only way I've found is to remove it from memory, which is a pain especially if you want to talk to someone and Xara at the same time ;=8)