Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I occasionally experience the above error message when attempting to export a Xara image to a new GIF.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The only way to clear it seems to be to close Xara down and/or reload Windows.

I occasionally experience the above error message when attempting to export a Xara image to a new GIF.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The only way to clear it seems to be to close Xara down and/or reload Windows.

I do get a different error message every time I import a JPEG into Xara.

I have a Sony DSC-P50 digital camera (2.1 megapixel), and when I try to open one of the images from it, I always receive this error:

http://www.digitalred.com/temp/talkg.../jpegerror.JPG

It doesn't happen for any other JPEGs, just those I have taken with my camera. The files always open (without fail), so this error message is just an annoyance. No other app has a problem with the JPEGs either, nor do they give any error message at all.

Link to a photo from the digicam (about 350KB): http://www.digitalred.com/temp/talkg...s/DSC00361.JPG (right click, select Save As/Save Target As, and then try to either Drag&Drop or Import into Xara).

I get the "most compatible filter" message a lot with .ai and .eps files exported from other programs, but they always import just fine. I also get "invalid shape/line detected" or some such, but again I can't see a problem when they are in Xara. I thought the problems came from files exported with filters that were newer than the ones in XaraX, but that's only a guess.

Jessica