Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ya know Gidge Maxon pretty much took into acount almost everything we asked for/wanted in a new version of BP2,and 8.2 is close again.They really listen to their customers

Hey, I am really happy for the whole Maxon community... you guys will now truly fly... I am very happy for you guys Stu... You will model twice as fast, and set up to preview areas twice as fast than ever before... What's not to like about that eh ? So cool... now if only Wings had widgits... hahaha

and everybody said it was a slow year in developement... New Body Paint, new update that really makes sense with C4D,new max tools (no comment) new ZBrush coming out in the fall, along with a new Carrara Studio, Modo... and soon, Wings v1.0 What a great time to get into learning modeling eh... just perfect

[This message was edited by gidgit on August 01, 2003 at 22:06.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiwi:
    They really listen to their customers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't agree more Stu!!

Well... perhaps they do more so than the rest, but what it really comes down to is a few good people with the right stuff, at the helm... eager to make things work the way they should, and not afraid to admit when the other guy(s) are right... and thus are eager to employ the new and improved methods within thier own branded set...

Much, if not all the credit goes to that Bjorn guy, who saw a good thing in Nendo, and as the rumor went, he downloaded said Nendo, tried it, loved what he saw, and set out to purchase a copy of said app... when he couldn't reach whom ever, for what ever reason, the good folks who make Nendo, he set out to make his own version... to which Wings3D was bjorn... hehe

anyways, this guy understood a good thing when he saw it, and then built upon it... no majic, just hard work... and this guy listens to those who suggest implimenting features which truly are logical... sometimes that logic however does get impeded by pride or whatever for lack of a better way to describe defeat of logic in certain areas for no apparent reason...

yes folks we are talking about Bjorn suggesting/stating that there would never be a set of wifgits/manip handles in Wings... bummer dude...

enter Maxon... who, as already suggested here, obviously have a few crack whiz's who also know how to move upon a good thing when they see it...

follow the timeline whereby any of the big apps caught upon say new edge tools, forever my little buddy, the Move>Normal.. hehe, to the latest craze of UV mapping, and... you will find these things being worked on and implimented in Wings first and foremost... and even though thier modeling iis redundant proceduraly, Cligari's trueSpace had some things quite the while ago, though they to are jumping on board the UV craze with thier latest 6.6 version...

anyway's... the tools are the most important thing, then the gui to set things up to how one really worx is the next thing, and this includes mouse options and hotkey etc.

and Maxon is leading the way of the followers, Wings has the best tools in certain ideas, but Maxon has the better implimentation of such, though are not as dependable or quite as intuitive as are those in Wings... much of this changes with just the new mouse controls... next the edge tool fix, then....

and... these are just facts eh... nothing to do with fanfare or anything else... at all...

If Modo brings about the app that has the tools I am looking for, as in most in C4D, along with some in Wings, done in a totaly user definable/programable way... then I am there...

or... if by some fluke beyond the reality of the day, Eovia brings to fruition, the basic modernday tools found between the two or so apps fondly mentioned here, then wham... I am liking to work in Carrara Studio 3 most of all... though I must say that this would be a bloody miracle... and why? I dunno really...

it's the same question I had when trying LightWave, or GMax, even Cinema 4d until the latest version when they boosted up the modeling tools some... and even then, 8.5 should be there eh... these are just simple truths as I see em eh...

My call? if it ain't buggy then Modo will rock the modeling world big time...

and on the other side you will have the Maxon group... because they too will make a totaly user definable gui, and will sport all the latest greatest tools for the modeler... why do I say this? IMHO Maxon is here to stay because thier company has a few people who can see, and think with logic, and... get the job done... hence the latest upcoming update release...

It's all nothing but clear writing on the wall folks... the tools are com'n, the tools are com'n... and in the mean time... use what ya have and learn to subdivide those shapes into detail eh... and use whatever ya have to make it all pretty...

and oh yea, hey... just the shear fact that the new release of C4D has some pretty needed changes to keep up, and all the clamour over in the lightwave world re-Modo, highly is conclusive proof that this has not been just me screaming for even some pretty basic no braioner type tools... and that No, not all was what the fans were saying about how good this app was or that app was... nooo sirreeee... Maxon knows, and the couple of brains who left NT to develope Modo know... the tools were missing...

as for the listening to the fans, well, let's just say it doesn't go over too well when you tell any fans of any app that other tools found in other apps are better...

Loyalty is a good thing, but when it impedes common sense, and truly the rest of the world actually knows this yet still remain defiant, or rude even? Ha ha, not very objective in my way of reasoning.... sorry

I am all for anybody using any ap to do most anything decent, but, when a company charges a price of addmission then I expect certain things... period.

You never saw Bobby Orr celebrating in a craze after scoring a goal or setting one up after an end to end rush... he was having fun doing... and couldn't believe his good fortune in making more money than a trades person, barely, from playing hockey... so, every game night, and for all the practices, he laced them up and went to work... it was expected of him, and that's how he looked at it... What a fine example...

and that's the integrity that a lot more professions should adopt... fanfare aside, when one pays the big dollars for an app, it should have all the latest bells and whistles eh... and anytime a free app keeps up to par with one which costs way more pound per pound (only box modeling feature we be talking here) then the people paying the gate really have to wonder eh...

or, any time an app pops up which is priced marginally less and delivers same, well... people migrate eh... it's really as simple as that... sure you have your die hard fans... but... that's not 100 % objective to think only in thier eyes eh, more objective to keep the 20 % who would migrate... that's probably digging pretty deep into the profits eh... this is, after all, pretty big business.

Given, every company likes thier group of users for the most part, and they would enjoy I would imagine, thinking that the group though they were listening, and would thus certainly put effort into keeping this community spirit alive... but at the end of the day it is all about the forces of a few to move mountains... to reach yet a bit further... and to capitalize on thier efforts in putting thier best foot forward for thier clients where it really counts... a quality, value for the money spent, product, which is there to compete in earnest...

These are the facts as I see em, to which

yea... go Maxon go and anybody who has dreams and some logic for that matter

anyways, this is the last I will suggest these things... it's getting redundant... as stated, the writing is already on the wall, and... all have already been informed through countless threads all over the web... it's been a flurry since the kick off of Siggraph...

for me it's who ever puts out the stuff that counts, and I takes off my hat to em... I am having a blast modeling, and to this I say...

happy creat'n all...

[This message was edited by gidgit on August 02, 2003 at 13:26.]

Because Bodypaint2 can be used as a module in C4D8, and, as a standalone, also uses much of 8's functionality,

and because there is no mixing of 7 or earlier and 8 files possible,

I suppose that BP2 can only be used with C4D8.

Max, Maya, LW ok, but no C4D6 or 7?

This would be a real gumption trap

aaa... ya ok then that's a real rediculous situation they've created huh? HM!?...

Ya BP does use the new 8 architecture,but I assume BP standalone will open others C4D files,where as the module will not,just an assumption mind.I also believ there is not this problem with ohter 3d apps which can use BP.

Stu.