Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you get first prize in my book. They look so real. I too, noticed the wonderful effect of the tiny bubbles. They really make it work.

The background was also a great choice to help achieve the translucent effect.

Well done!

I think you should start a new thread on the Gallery, using this image. I know a lot of people will enjoy it.

Jack

I like the semi-transparent look which is more accurate than completely transparent.

Looks real enough to pull them fillings right out of your mouth :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

My sweet tooth just kicked in.

Very nice, very realistic.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

... for all the nice replies!

I had a lot of fun messing around with it.

Doing this sort of thing really gets you thinking about what other effects you can experiment with. I actually found myself staring at a bar of soap covered with bubbles the other day for five minutes. My other half thought I had gone mad. It is a nice way to unwind to play around with different effects, and see what sort of things Xara can do.

I have also done a multicoloured version of 'Jelly Stuff', which I did on one letter by complete accident, it looked sort of funky so I changed all of them and saved as a new file. I will post it in a new thread in the Gallery Forum as you suggested Jack ... many thanks for the encouragement.

I put quite a severe compression on this file to get it down to 38kb or so as at 90% quality it was 65kb which I thought would be too big. In retrospect I probably could have made it slightly better quality as I've just noticed some subtle details are lost at this compression level. Still I live and learn, see if I can do a bit better with my next attachment.

Regards to all

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I'm late in posting this--had a sick pet which passed away late last night [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ---but anyway, I just got an opportunity to see the newest here and it looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies On---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Jack your image reminds me of the candy Easter eggs with a candy coating over marshmellow, and the letters would be sweet-tarts. Great work.

Su great looking jelly sweets. The fruit drops could be either chewy jelly or hard candy. Excellent!

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Jack, Su and others, an interesting thread. Su, those jelly drops or whatever are a great effort. Now to find the time to try and do something similar. Thanks, Neil