Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all! I posted this at CGTalk. Thought I would share it with all of you here. I have been working on this off and on for the last nine days (in between I have been fighting my internet connection which seems to want to shut itself down all the time ) Anyway, here is a breakdown of what is what:
    The body was started in Wings 3D (see the first post in this thread http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ul...f=1&t=011878&p= ) then imported in ZBrush and further modeled. The body texture was created using TextureMaster. The Head, Skulls, Rock Columns, and Teeth were all created and textured in ZBrush. The Floor is a fractal terrain created in C4D and the texture for it is the same texture used on the Rock Columns. The stony wall texture was a texture I had lying around on my hard drive (not sure where it came from). The Armor was all created in C4D using Point/Box Modeling. There is no texture on the Armor...it is a Simbiont DarkTree shader. Finally the image was rendered in C4D, exported to ZBrush where I did some 2D editing, then exported to Photoshop where final touch up was done.

So far the image is about 75% complete. I have several more things I am going to do, need to tweak the texture on the body/head, and add some more props...most likely straps for the armor pieces, some more bones to accompany the skulls, a weapon, maybe a small shield.....we shall see. Cheers y'all!

You are welcome to view more of my ZBrush work at my Renderosity Gallery

Hello all! I posted this at CGTalk. Thought I would share it with all of you here. I have been working on this off and on for the last nine days (in between I have been fighting my internet connection which seems to want to shut itself down all the time ) Anyway, here is a breakdown of what is what:
    The body was started in Wings 3D (see the first post in this thread http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ul...f=1&t=011878&p= ) then imported in ZBrush and further modeled. The body texture was created using TextureMaster. The Head, Skulls, Rock Columns, and Teeth were all created and textured in ZBrush. The Floor is a fractal terrain created in C4D and the texture for it is the same texture used on the Rock Columns. The stony wall texture was a texture I had lying around on my hard drive (not sure where it came from). The Armor was all created in C4D using Point/Box Modeling. There is no texture on the Armor...it is a Simbiont DarkTree shader. Finally the image was rendered in C4D, exported to ZBrush where I did some 2D editing, then exported to Photoshop where final touch up was done.

So far the image is about 75% complete. I have several more things I am going to do, need to tweak the texture on the body/head, and add some more props...most likely straps for the armor pieces, some more bones to accompany the skulls, a weapon, maybe a small shield.....we shall see. Cheers y'all!

Hi Lonnie,

Looks great! I envy your imagination, patience, and skill. Is the hair done with the Fiber Brush in ZBrush? I look forward to seeing further updates.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Mentat... I LIKE it!

I'm a juvenile with ZBrush. Is it possible to use more dramatic lighting in ZBrush (he asks out of ignorance)? I'd like to see a spotlight effect, but overall from what I see....just "WOW!"

My Best,
    gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

haha, lonny, you just keep getting more imaginative with each go eh... ikes man, what a strnge looking critter this is... really needs a pedicure eh

Could we see some shaded/wire's of this posted here at TG please, I love the modeling of this piece in particular and wish for others to view the process along the way t... this would be very cool for educational purpose... I have seen such but it would certainly give other members a far better insight as to how the boxmodeling goes from simplex to detail...

thnx man [thumbs up]

Thats a hell of an overbite or is it an underbite? excellent modeling!

Nice work

Reminds me of a politician

hahaha man that's excellent Mentat. Very imaginative.

I'm also curious about how/where the hair was done. Since it doesn't cast a shadow on the shoulders, i was thinking it was painted in PS; and not rendered...?

Hiyas!

I will post some WIP images shortly. The Hair is indeed modeled.......then smudged out in Photoshop. Oh and definitely an Underbite..