Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Wow, the response to the 'design your own CD cover art' challenge has been truly great. The thread was getting rather taxing on bandwith so I thought it proper for it to continue here. You can find the original thread here.

I've come up with another CD for my band 'Altered States'. The coverart features a pic by Ian Britton from the FreePhoto.com website. Note the fairly restrictive copyright notice before using their images.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on February 02, 2002 at 15:47.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigkid.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	10597  

Wow, the response to the 'design your own CD cover art' challenge has been truly great. The thread was getting rather taxing on bandwith so I thought it proper for it to continue here. You can find the original thread here.

I've come up with another CD for my band 'Altered States'. The coverart features a pic by Ian Britton from the FreePhoto.com website. Note the fairly restrictive copyright notice before using their images.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on February 02, 2002 at 15:47.]

My second attempt.

Alan

Name:	cd_2.gif 
Views:	574 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	6365  

Press Release (AP) --- Altered States' third album due in stores April 1st, will feature a new lineup of musicians. For his first two releases frontman Ross Macintosh was supported by an assortmant of rock's who's-who. The success of 'Xarmeister' & 'Just a Big Kid' made Macintosh a very rich man. He used that money to have himself cloned. The result is the world's first band whose members are all clones of the same person. Industry insiders are saying the move by Macintosh was brilliant. "The voices are the most harmonious ever heard and the bands sense of timing is incredibly tight" says Big Music Corporation president Bif Kool. The band's first scheduled appearance is 2002 Ozfest.

Regards, Ross

Name:	alteredstates2.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	6290  

I REALLY like that effect on your "clones"!! What did you do to achieve that effect??? curious minds want to know.

Will the ReAL Ross Macintosh PLEASE step forward and answer the question and NO cloneshae's please [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Just to let you know: I'm not really strange. A wee bit peculiar, but not strange. My day job requires very controlled exercising of my creativity. The Xara stuff I do is largely just for fun and I do try to let myself loosen up. (I never get loose enough to put real horns on my head or wear leather hotpants! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

The clones were created by making a bitmap copies and altering them with a freeware bitmap effects filter called "Edgeworks" by Steve Upham. His site is called cybia.co.uk and he generously shares a number of great filters he has developed. In addition I have his embossing and swap filters - the three are really quite useful and work great with Xara X except the preview window doesn't work right. Of the three filters I find the swap one most useful. Here's an old thread that has examples created using the filters. I think it better highlights the creative possibilities of these filters.

The bald Ross comes from an old thread that was very funny - check it out. It was because the image of bald Ross resurfaced that Gary commented that he thought he'd seen the image before. It was because I was reusing the image that I named my imaginary band 'Altered States'.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on February 02, 2002 at 19:26.]

Hey Ross,
    very cool clone effect!

Alan,
    I love your use of type - very classy!

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Can't see Ross's 'Altered States' without thinking of Glasgow's own Altered Images, which was fronted by the lovely Clare Grogan. So here's a link I found from a quick Google search!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Train of thought (to a Scotsman of my age):
    Gregory's Girl... Clare Grogan in a beret... sigh!

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on February 03, 2002 at 05:28.]

Twinkle toes !!!

Brian. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	DANCE.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	16981  

Certainly don't want you to be upset about my comments in other posts about your "strangeness", it's all in fun. I AM strange in some ways and conservative in others. I bought and wore those horns that day at the festival for a reaction, and boy did I get reactions. Some called me the devil and others called me "son of Pan" which I fondly call myself that anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] So there you have it, I AM strange, proud of it. It makes me a unique individual. I don't like the rat race and all it "expects" us to be. I am myself, and to many, strange, and personally, I could care less what other's think [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Thanks so much for the link. Downloading as I type this. Can't wait to try it all out.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---