Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Good logo ideas Mags. It is off-topic (except to oranges that is) but I couldn't resist adding my image featuring a manderin slice.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...geQuality=Full

Regards, Ross

Oh Ross, quite showing off :-)

Mags - I did not like the version with the solid orange but I LOVE the version with the green apple. If I were 40 years younger I would say that rocks!

I think the flat color is perfect.

Gary

On my first look at your drawing Ross, I thought it was one of Gary's with bubbles and long worm like ceatures.

Then I saw the segment and I knew at once that this drawing was not Gary's it was too realistic with the manderin segment.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.

John - very good ideas, had the client not been happy with the logo I could certainly have explored their incorporation.

Dominique - love your orange with the textured fill.

Ross - well what can I say but "can I have a piece of mandarin please, looks scrummy"!

Gary - thanks for your kind words. I am really pleased with the final logo, as is the client (this is a job I so nearly turned down and was about to give the client their deposit back, got so "tuned into" the clients original request (logo with graphical representation of all they sell, something like a "still life" but modern), which I just wasn't seeing, that it really constrained me for a couple of weeks, could even bring myself to doodle for this project. Rather than just backing out (and letting myself down) decided to ignore "oops!" the clients request, go with my own vibes and thankfully a happy client.

Regards

Mags

"(logo with graphical representation of all they sell, something like a "still life" but modern"

Ah, that description reminds me of my struggling with LebendigerAdvents Kalender logo ;-)

...Please make the characters more real looking not so simplified, please add a christmas star with tail over the logo and use 4 candles to symbolize advent.. and change the window to open window.. to symbolize openness...

And to tell the trutuh I'm still not satisfied with the result that came out of it...