Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hi Stu,

here we go: brushed stainless steel, adjustable to any angle between -30 and +30 degress (y axis).

With the adjustable screws it fits many speaker sizes. The fastener screws feature a rubber plate at the end so the high end speakers won't be scratched. In addition the stand system feature a double shock absorber system: the rubber feet and the rubber sticks on the base plate.

Any crits? ;-}

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scream01.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	5414  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hi Stu,

here we go: brushed stainless steel, adjustable to any angle between -30 and +30 degress (y axis).

With the adjustable screws it fits many speaker sizes. The fastener screws feature a rubber plate at the end so the high end speakers won't be scratched. In addition the stand system feature a double shock absorber system: the rubber feet and the rubber sticks on the base plate.

Any crits? ;-}

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hi Jens,

Great look, and presentation. Many people are going to hardwood floors these days, rather than using carpeting. The new style speakers that are smaller and more dynamic than the hugh bookcase speakers I bought 20+ year ago are so outdated. Your stand design would work with a wide range of speaker styles of today.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

don't forget - this is a quick 'n dirty one I've jotted down because Stu gave me the idea ;-} - nothing serious, at least not at this stage.

The base plate is 40 cm in square = 1 1/3 feet, so it will cary the big Magnat speakers easily.

However, I don't know why people still purchase these hughe speakers - I have to bricksize speakers made of massive, solid aluminium and a hughe bass reflex speaker that's placed under a table - incredible sound with 2 x 270 watts output! So these stands wouldn't be something for me, but I can imagine that many people prefer larger systems because they **think** they render a better sound (which isn't true anymore).

Let's keep the sound rollin' !!!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Only on crit, Jens...

Acoustically, woofers are supposed to vibrate on hardwood floors, at least for optimum performance. Naturally, this obviates the need for a speaker stand, but perhaps there's a way to make the speakers resonate through the stands.

Ideally, speakers go in the corners of rooms to "extend" the horn of the speaker to the walls.
    Just my 2 cents...a guitarist in a group I used to play with is/was an acoustic engineer and he drilled a lot of facts into me!

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

I have always said two things for certain about you Jens...

1) you are the metals/chrome myster eh, and this is well done as per usual

2) you have a natural flair for presentation, and it shows every time you present some new piece... you would make a terrific brochure artist to say the least

and man, you do come up with some pretty cool 3D designs for sure, and again this one is yet more proof of your sometimes very creative genius.. {now don't go getting a swollen head over this eh )

and finally... I believe that the Bose 901 series of speakers came c/w thier own stand, and, well, Bose are pretty much industry leaders in speaker design and acoustic marvel eh So yea, stands work eh, for some speakers at least

Excellent ...thats exatly what I meant jens,but now paint them like you did office funiture so people will go oh wow look speaker stands the same color as our color scheme

They also need a name,like say JBLs creatures etc,I think Aliiens myself but I would say that name is gone already.

Stu.

Gidge---

Bose are industry standards, but if you look toward Klipsch, JBL, and Altecs, they too define the standard, and they are all floor-based. I think midrange and tweeters can go on stands, but the sub-bass needs to resonate on the floor.

And I think, despite my ranting, that Jens' designs set the standard for inventive, practical design!

My Best,
    Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

thanks for your kind words! I think that's in my DNS information, I wish I could turn it off for a while ;-} and start as a truck driver or something like that: no think, no 'that-could-be-changed / improved / invented', nothing. Just a day shift and then off, no sketchpad next to the bed and couch and in the kitchen and in the pockets...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> now don't go getting a swollen head over this eh <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha, no, definitely not, though it's a very pleasing compliment!

Gary, you said you've been ranting? Hell, I don't think so, you've supplied your knowledge. I don't know enough about acoustics, so I can't give my cents for this tech con and pro topic. All I did was reading some hifi magazines, then I went to the store, pointed to the system, asked for a sound check and ended up carrying them to my car. Like a dumb neanderthal man who's hunting for a rabbit for lunch ;-}

Again, thanks for your input, I'll check with Stu's suggestions and see what I can come up with.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--