Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Quoted at www.3dstate.com
    -------------
    Good news for the Visual Basic community! Thanks to a lot of collaborative effort made by several leading 3D Visual Basic programmers, there is a new and improved VB SDK, which is now free for you to download.
    Please note that the new SDK contains the new 3DSTATE engine version 6.0. It has no time limit and it is fully functional!
    -------------

Quoted at www.3dstate.com
    -------------
    Good news for the Visual Basic community! Thanks to a lot of collaborative effort made by several leading 3D Visual Basic programmers, there is a new and improved VB SDK, which is now free for you to download.
    Please note that the new SDK contains the new 3DSTATE engine version 6.0. It has no time limit and it is fully functional!
    -------------

Hi Chand... so fill us in on why we should go the 3D gaming route... I am not apposed here, simply curious...

Are there more jobs at the end of the road? What is the learning curve all about? Do you have to be a programmer or do you model and insert into a game engine? What is the process from the creation of character and scene through to running the Game ? Are there other apps required... What types of hardware is reccomended for this?

Sell us bud... who knows, maybe some critters and scenes can be done over time... who knows... more info required for me anyways... but if I can model some low poly characters and animate/interact with them with in a gaming enviro...heck yes, I am keen to learn more...

Hello Gidgit,

As compared to other 3d engines, I believe this engine has the easiest
    learning curve.

If you know the programming basics of any one of the following programming
    languages then you could very much code a simple 3D demo in a matter of a
    few days.
    Languages supported by the 3dstate engine: C++, VC++, VB, Delphi, VS.NET.

3dstate provides a world builder software with which one can build 3d worlds
    by draging and dropping from a model galary.
    You can use other 3d modelling softwares and then convet your worlds to the
    world builder format.
    Specifically, 3dstate export plugins are available for 3d max and Milkshape.
    A 3ds to 3dstate converter is also available so that you could use any
    modelling software that can export to a .3ds file.

Hardware required: Your PC needs to have a 3d graphics card. Since the
    engine is based on directx, all cards that have support for directx will
    work with the engine.