Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Folks,

Creating a piece that requires text that follows another object, which has a 1/2 circle shape on the top of it, the text will be above it. So in order for the look to be right, I need to fit the text onto a 1/2 circle.

I have read the HELP files and all that but I can't figure it out. I get the half circle by doing the fast and easy "draw a circle, draw a square, line it up half way over the circle, select all, Arrrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes. Gives me a really nice 1/2 circle, quickly!! Then I do a text object, select all then Arrange/Fit Text to Curve. That works fine but then there's the little problem of getting the 1/2 cirlce out of the equation. I want only to use that as a template and then remove it. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or is this way the wrong way??

I have also tried using the Pen Tool and using a small plate to draw a curved Line using the Wacom Tablet. The line is not as perfect as I would like and I tried to use the Freehand tool to reshape it a bit and make a mess of it.

I just about have the whold thing ready to go and I can't finish it untill I have this last piece in place.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a good tut to doing a perfect 1/2 circle with text that I can seperate from the 1/2 circle???

Thanks every so much

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Folks,

Creating a piece that requires text that follows another object, which has a 1/2 circle shape on the top of it, the text will be above it. So in order for the look to be right, I need to fit the text onto a 1/2 circle.

I have read the HELP files and all that but I can't figure it out. I get the half circle by doing the fast and easy "draw a circle, draw a square, line it up half way over the circle, select all, Arrrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes. Gives me a really nice 1/2 circle, quickly!! Then I do a text object, select all then Arrange/Fit Text to Curve. That works fine but then there's the little problem of getting the 1/2 cirlce out of the equation. I want only to use that as a template and then remove it. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or is this way the wrong way??

I have also tried using the Pen Tool and using a small plate to draw a curved Line using the Wacom Tablet. The line is not as perfect as I would like and I tried to use the Freehand tool to reshape it a bit and make a mess of it.

I just about have the whold thing ready to go and I can't finish it untill I have this last piece in place.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a good tut to doing a perfect 1/2 circle with text that I can seperate from the 1/2 circle???

Thanks every so much

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Two options spring to mind immediately, you can either select "no colour" for the line colour after fitting the text to the curve, or if you do not need the text to be editable, simply convert the object to editable shapes, un-group and keep just the text part.

Stu.

Tutorials
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TutorialXara.gif 
Views:	317 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	7038  

Thanks so much!! Nice little Tut there dude!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---