Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry Jens, but... I have to agree with Klaus on this one... not often here at Talk that the subject of War*z comes up, not to mention from a veteran member, and thus we rarely, if ever have had to say the following...

Posting of war*z subject matter will not be tolerated... period.

doesn't matter who you are, how long you have been here, or what your personal opinions on the subject are... so please, any and all... let's nip this in the butt now before it goes any further...

thnx

Gidgit Edits* I have taken the steps to illiminate the parts of this thread containing "you know what" subject... carry on all and let's keep it fun eh

----------------------------

Ah Jens man... I feel too, that I have rented some 10,000.oo worth of hardware from the days of our four bought Amiga's to out two xt/at's, through to our modern day (almost) machine... and then there are those boxes of software eh... most, nothing but a display in the puter room, and or catching dust in storage downstairs eh....and this... only to have little Johnny down the street, just starting out into the wunnnderfulll world of computing and sporting some mhz monster rig for under 500.00... What? We support the industry for these many years for this to come about...hahaha no fair I says...

but, alas, whatcha gonna do eh? I suppose I will have to save up the pennies if I really have to have the new gear, and or carry on with what I have until such an urge comes over me... that's it, all I can do, or expend energy in even thinking about eh

--------------------------

Yea Stu... that's my take on the give away C4D as well... I mean there are all the tools to learn with, but yea, just as in the case of the LW Discovery disk, they are not about to hand over a very sweet rendering solution for free eh...

Paul... hmmm, what to say... if one was already concidering going the C4D route then yea man, this will get your feet wet with how C4D works... though the modeling tools in v8 are much superior to any previous versions, and actually it will be in the 8.2 update whereby Maxon has really come to the forefront with the correct implimentation of a few tools which make the whole modeling process within C4D so much easier... Nav is on the mouse in 8.2...

This all said, C4DV6 is well worth snagging up at this price eh... I mean there are so many other tools within other than just the ones say I personally look for... moreover, this is the perfect version to gain introduction to much of how C4D works for you...

thnx Klaus I kinda missed you and Jens coloring up the board... not saying that it should escalate, but yea, enteretaining as usual...

Have a good one all

[This message was edited by gidgit on August 08, 2003 at 15:58.]

Gidgit: "Posting of war*z subject matter will not be tolerated... period."

An excellent policy!

Everybody should rejoice that Maxon now gives away a scaled-down version of C4D6. And yes, I, too, did buy some Maxon C4D software not too long ago, but I do not see any reason why I therefore should begrudge others the opportunity to try this great stuff for free . . . just a couple of years later.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Reading Pauls post, I thought his comment:

"...and Maxon has a fantastic upgrade offer to tempt you toward the light of XL 8."

meant that you could get a cheap route to XL8 from CE+6. That is not the case.

I think what Paul meant was once you see CE+6 you'll want to get XL8. i.e. the upgrade offer refered to was the one from CE to CE+.

Just in case anyone else miss reads.

Turan

As far a "policy" goes, and I've not seen it happen yet, if anyone openly solicits a war*z site, I'll delete the post.

Your moderator,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.