Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gary

Regarding the Google problem you speak of, it could be because XaraXone is not even listed in the web site keyword list - for that matter neither is XaraX. Sure you've got Xara listed but is that sufficient to find the XaraXone? - I have my doubts! I reckon you should have another look at the keywords you've used. Sure I'm not the most experienced person on creating META tags but it does seem obvious to me that you should include words which are relevant and some of the included words seem to myself and my partner to be irrelevant and others debatable. The order of the words could also be important.

I'm sorry if I'm saying something out of turn here but I do feel this aspect of the site needs looking at in order to get best placement in a search engine listing. As I've already said though I do feel that XaraXone and Xarax should be in the keywords.

Tracey

This is what is on there now but I guess I need to rethink it a bit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <TITLE>The XaraXone. The one-stop resource for everything related to XARA, the ultimate illustration software for Windows, hosted by Gary W. Priester</TITLE>
    <META NAME="description"
    CONTENT="The XaraXone. The one-stop resource for everything related to CorelXARA, the ultimate illustration software for Windows">
    <META NAME="keywords"
    CONTENT="gary w. priester, the Trompe L'Oeil Room, Xara tutorials, user conferences, web graphics, web graphics software, graphics software, web design, vector graphics, fonts, TrueType fonts, PostScript fonts, anti-aliased, anti-aliasing, illustration software, drawing software, animated GIFs, transparent GIFs, interlaced GIFs, dithering, color reduction, palette optimization, PhotoShop plug-ins, Xara, XaraClub, CorelXARA, downloads, clipart, clip-art, clip art"> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Wolfgang, I have very similar feeligns to yours ;-) It's so great to have my works diplayed on the same page with You (Wisens Coaching - great logo for book series), William R. Clegg (Fantastic - photoshop like effects made with Xara!, Im really amazed), Joel Schilling (That logo would be great in embroided version), Randall Allen (very modern and up-to-date colors & designs), Graeme Davidson (that second designs is really smart, I hope the newsletter editor will use this one for the future issues ;-))), Joel Horn (Education your children on your own thar really deserves a logo. Thumbs up), Derek Cooper (Gipsy Media - wow.. I've out of superlatives, I really love that design), Simon Tyrrell-Lewis (it has really that old Yale & Oxford looks), Tim Seward (I like the TS design the most. Neat!), Ross Macintosh (Very nice use of symbols like, Yin-Yang and Cross in the logos. That cross could easily stand as separate logo), Mike Love (Really strong articulate and convincing design!!! It would for sure persuade me to use your services), Christine Farrelly (Nice logo and pagedesign for your daughter. ), Paul Söderholm (TKB design is simply FABULOUS!!! I would never be able to do something som complex and yet so comprehensible), Dave Zubrowski (I especially like the WoodWorks logo), Risto Klint (Your desing is so modern, lively and amusing. Few "simple" shapes full of life. Amazing), Paul Coleman-Nye (Amazing effects, I really would like to hold your bussiness card in my hand.) Richard Cassidy (MPC logo is great, I've especially like the dynamicity of the simplified pipe-shading), and even the great Xara-Guru - Gary W. Priester (Your designs, colour selection and presentation is simply unbeatable. We all still have a lot to learn from you).

thanx for cheering me in this early monday morning(0:51 AM ;-)

have a beautiful day everybody,

Roman
    Paul S

I have made revisions to this month's tutorial for both the on-line and Zip versions.

Seems it is easier to apply a Linear Transparency with the Transparency Tool than it is with the Shape Editor Tool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I haven't had time to view this months effort but I will get round to it....I always do...It's a don't miss site for me.
    Just a suggestion re your meta tags: Many people using search engines misspell words (Is that spelt correctly;-}) How about XaraX, Xarax, Zara, XaraZone, ZaraZone Gary Preister, etc.
    I also believe many search engines weigh ALT image tags on site placing, so I tend to use deliberately targeted Alt Tags: ie "Xara Xone Logo produced in Xara X by Gary Priester. 68Kb"

Thank you for correcting the point re the origin of the seamless tile technique. Unfortunately I'm now totally confused. The thread that led to my producing the tutorial has now disappeared. I'm sure that this thread was produced by Jessica (not Judi) but it has since vanished into the ether !!!! I only hope that I haven't upset Jessica. Can anyone find the original, which contained a tutorial on producing a tile from a scan of pasta?
    Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on September 02, 2002 at 18:04.]
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think go here.
    http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...8&m=9101986655

I don't know how to put in the links like you guys do.
    Mike

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

After midnight on a holiday (Canada Day) and I'm still at work. I've been working 80+ hr. weeks for more than a month+ designing another jail project. (Second one in a row). Being close to exhaustion I'm a tad bit emotionally unstable [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] - I tell you that because perhaps it helps explain the profound sense of pride I just felt checking out the logo show Gary has put together.

I'm overwhelmed to be part of such a great display of creativity & design. It was great to see all the wonderfully creative work by many of my old Xara friends. Furthermore, it was especially nice to see the work by contributors who I don't yet know (but want to).

Thanx to all of you. I must get back to work now.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

for another wonderful month of tutorials!!

Not to mention this months "Logo Show". Such talented folks, it was a pleasure to see so many wonderful logos. You all know who you are!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Liked all of them!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Of course I have my favorites but that's my thing, I enjoyed veiwing them all!!

The Beary Potter tutorial was my project today and I turned out a fairly good version named "Fuzzy Bear", it's over in the XaraGallery if you want to look at him!!

Thanks again Gary!!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Oooo now you've got ME confused too!!

The pasta tile was all my own work and all my own idea and I was the one that consumed it with the red wine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    my original tutorial

Then I started playing with parts of the tile to produce abstract tiles using "simple" filters. Since my thread was taking forever to load I put them here:
    my pasta page

That's where Egg came in and showed me some useful tips to get the same effects without filters.

Then I went away for a month or so and I don't know if Judi participated in a discussion but I can promise you all that I didn't use any of her ideas. This was an almost completely original idea which I used to work out how the photo-realistic backgrounds you sometimes see in advertising are made.

Egg
    I'm not at all upset, just amused to find my pasta still alive and kicking, LOL!

Jessica

[This message was edited by Jessica S on September 03, 2002 at 04:17.]

I just did a search and found this tutorial by Judi. Maybe that's what folks were referring to.
    Seamless Fills made easy

In any case, it's a great method for vector objects and I will use it myself. I think it would have been difficult to make the pasta tile that way though, as I used various layers and background colours to cover the "joins." There is one similarity in my tutorial where I patched an ugly repeat, but I did that by eye, comparing pixel values. I hadn't thought of measuring it.

Jessica

[This message was edited by Jessica S on September 03, 2002 at 04:32.]