Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Got 'nother interesting problem, I get "Internal Program Error 437.w.oi.er" when playing with a largish (427 kb) .xar file. I generally have the guides visable and there's a massive scrollwork clipart in there. The file takes about three minutes to load and another 3 to redraw after I print from the file. Haven't seen any ill effects when I cancel the message.

I have loads of hard drive space, 500+ mb ram, WinXp, 1.5 Ghz processor and so on and so forth. Any ideas, should I be concerned?

Thanks. Alan

Alan
    Sounds like some spurrious error that doesn't currently effect the file. However to be on the safe side I'd save a second version of the file as back up. In fact I often save multiple versions of largish files as I progress them, that way you've only got the latest ammendments to loose not the whole image.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Alan, I have played with .xar files up to 1Gb. So 427Kb is not alot unless it is nothing but shapes. I would do as egg suggests and make a copy now, and work from the copy. The error just might go bye-bye.

Thank you gentlemen. I've heeded your advice and made a copy (TrifoldParanoia.xar) closed the file, opened it, took 10 minutes to load. No error message. . .yet. I could run 'round the block twice while this thing is loading. I'm not complaining, I'm absolutely enthralled with Xara1, but 10 minutes to open a file? Strange.

Anyway, I now have a 3 minute loading file and a 10 minute loading copy.

Alan

This error message indicates an unexpected problem when drawing the rulers. Can you let me know what the "Grid and Ruler" settings in that document are?

Can you also remember if the rulers are displayed in your backup copy?

Gerry

Original(3 minute file) Grid and Ruler settings:
    Major spacing 1 cm
    Subdivisions 10
    X origin 1055pix
    y origin 818pix
    Rulers are displayed.

Copy (10 minute file) Grid and Ruler settings:
    Same as above.

Just for experimentation purposes, I turned off the ruler in the original and saved a copy, hasn't made a difference.