Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi
    This web site is full of very talented people. I've enjoyed being a lurker for some time now and have learned a lot. However.....

Would someone like to help me out? I know I should hire a professional graphics artist, but simply cannot afford one at this point in time. And don't have the time or the artistry needed to do it myself. I have recently been laid off of my job of 15 years and am going to try to push a very part time hobby/business into full time. I have a logo but it needs dressing up to make it ready for prime time. Here is what I have but I am not happy with it.

If anyone is interested, please respond via email (remove the remove) and I will gladly provide more detail. I will be greatly appreciative and could possibly pay you at a later time.

Hopefully I have not offended anyone here, that was not my attention.
    Lane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CALogo_Final.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	2236  

Hi
    This web site is full of very talented people. I've enjoyed being a lurker for some time now and have learned a lot. However.....

Would someone like to help me out? I know I should hire a professional graphics artist, but simply cannot afford one at this point in time. And don't have the time or the artistry needed to do it myself. I have recently been laid off of my job of 15 years and am going to try to push a very part time hobby/business into full time. I have a logo but it needs dressing up to make it ready for prime time. Here is what I have but I am not happy with it.

If anyone is interested, please respond via email (remove the remove) and I will gladly provide more detail. I will be greatly appreciative and could possibly pay you at a later time.

Hopefully I have not offended anyone here, that was not my attention.
    Lane

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Could you provide more detail here? That is rather than via email. If some of us take up this challenge, part of the reward is learning from each other. Plus ideas have a way of feeding of one another - a few of us having fun trying to help you might just generate a couple of really good options for you. We might just get you excited about Xara too!

I like the logo you posted as an idea. I say "idea" because it doesn't look like copper to me but I assume that was the intent. I think it could be fun to play around with but it would be really useful to have a better appreciation of what you do and perhaps who you think the logo has to appeal to. Knowing how you might use a logo can be significant too. For instance, some logo designs don't translate well to black&white printing so knowing how you might use the logo can influence the design.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi Lane,

I'm glad you've stopped lurking and decided to join us. Sorry to hear about the lay off.

As Ross mentioned, if you let us know more about what you do and how the logo would be used we can have a better idea of how to help.

I've attached a couple of very quick XaraX and Xara3D images, just to get the ball rolling.

Soquili

Name:	copper-accents.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	1473  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Is there any chance you could scan in and post a pic of a piece of copper. I remember there being a tread here more than a year ago where folks argued about what copper looked like. I can picture oxidized copper well but am most interested in how it looks in your work.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross, I'd forgotten about that thread. The brass or copper disk thread had a lot of variations.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

... anyone be offended by you seeking the help to complete your logo?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] You will see that this a great place to get feedback on you idea.

Soquili already posted his take on your design. Just post your feedback and I'm sure the visitors here can help you complete your project.

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I took a look at your site Lane, and see you make objects from copper pipe.

Here's a very quick (translate to poor attempt) at a copper pipe brush.

Soquili

Name:	copper-accents2.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	6672  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm impressed with all the comments already.

My web page is www.copperaccents.com for those that were asking. Some have already found it. Copper Accents web page

But somehow I didn't make myself clear enough I guess. I like the layout of my existing logo, but it needs some dressing up. You can see I tried to apply an interactive blend with Corel Draw to simulate copper pipe but came up way short of the goal. I would like to stay with the existing layout and font etc etc. Just need to make it look like real bent copper pipe. I've heard that Xara would be good to do this. But I'm under the gun time wise to put something together for my first major garden show which is in February. I need to make a sign and some color business card, update the web page etc etc.
    Seattle Northwest Flower & Garden Show

Some of you have asked for pics of copper and I will try to post some with this message.

I really, really do appreciate all the help, and would not have a problem with giving credit on my web page where credit is do.

I Gee, I love the internet, don't you?

Lane

Name:	CopperPipe1.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	4113  

That I found on this web site I think from Gary Priester.

Thanks Gary

Lane

Name:	MetalColors-CopperPipe.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	5735