Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I will just start a new fire image someday, as my current "fire" isn't very realistic, and changing the yellows to white ain't 'a gonna do much for it. (I tried)

I'm a cloud nut, and have painted many landscapes that were primarily to show off clouds and atmospherics, so I'll learn to make fire and clouds at the same time.

And by the way, your image looks like someone is burning a mess of silly string! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maya, your latest fire is great! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My latest is fun with fonts! That's all I can do well until I get better with Xara.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire3.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	5694  

Ross's advice was a big help--THANKS ROSS! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] --and I am pretty happy with it, the next time around will be much easier. Another nifty thing was, like Ross said, I can save the flames, continue to change them--even alt rainbow blends make spectacular effects with differing colored flames--and apply them to other stuff. FUN!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks for your kind compliments Steve and Dale (and Bob on the previous design before the blends!)!!! Dale, I like your "Fun with Fonts" fire version, it implies a lot of humor! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Nice work Paul getting us to try this out--yours is looking great too!

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I was trying for this effect, but I couldn't get it right! I'm really frusterated over the whole matter!

Steve Newport

Name:	firepic.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	14154  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I think Maya has come the closest. Very very close. What really works in her efforts is the blinding white at the core of the flame which is almost too bright to look at. And flames have shape, as Maya's have. Some of the other attempts are too mushy. Flames have a very flame-like tapered tongue look that is very hard to achieve because they are at the same time hard edges and yet diffused.

Good work one and all.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

*sigh*

Steve Newport

Name:	fire5.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	4500  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I appreciate your comments--the encouragement keeps me trying harder [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !!!

Steve--this newest one looks very firey, like a forest fire at a distance, and it would look especially good in a pic/scene of that nature! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

There is a lot of motion implied, as if there were a cross wind.

I think Maya may be on the right track using blends. I can't wait to try it, after I finish a few websites.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Here is what I was able to conjure up.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	fire.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	11692  

... fire effects everyone!

I tried to have a go at the fire effect from Steve's photo rather than the Photoshop one, hope you don't mind Steve. The one on the right looked kind of daunting but the one on the left looked easier.

The pattern of flames sort of put me in mind of overlapping folds of transparent fabric like a fine net curtain sort of thing. With some parts quite blurred and others with a more defined edge.

Well here's my efforts at this.

Su

Name:	Fire-Effect.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	10005  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Really pretty spooky Gary!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The eyeballs worked really well there too---don't play with fire!!!

Nice fire effect also, Su!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain