Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been looking for some classy images in Xara that I can take apart and learn from. There are a few on the Xara CD, but is there a repository anywhere on the web?

In particular I'd like to find the Alan Burns image of a microscope, partly to discover how the metal works, and mostly because I have some friends I want to introduce to Xara, and I'm not near that classy an artist!

Thanks.

...Doug
    ...Doug

I've been looking for some classy images in Xara that I can take apart and learn from. There are a few on the Xara CD, but is there a repository anywhere on the web?

In particular I'd like to find the Alan Burns image of a microscope, partly to discover how the metal works, and mostly because I have some friends I want to introduce to Xara, and I'm not near that classy an artist!

Thanks.

...Doug
    ...Doug

in the Clipart Gallery there are two folders: Xara Example Drawings I and II.

These are included so you can do exactly what you are suggesting. But please be aware that these images are placed there for learning purposes only and not for commercial use.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Hi Gary

Are you saying the microscope picture is supposed to be in one of those directories? Maybe it isn't part of the "d" version CD.

And I am entirely sympathetic with the copyright issues, and understand your comment in relation to the question. I assure you I have no intention of taking credit from the artist, or from profiting from his work. I have 2 motives, first I like the image and second I want to promote some great software.

...Doug
    ...Doug

Scope tut

A very impressive tut that I could not help but print out 2 years ago (7/Dec/01) and have refered to several times.

Once again hats of to Klaus Nordby for his detail.

Turan

If you open the clipart Gallery and click on Get clipart, provided you are connected to the internet the program will connect to the Xara web site where you can download other clipart - these are displayed in the clipart gallery.

The scope is in the first section.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Turan, thanks for the plug! I'm in the process of updating my site now, and the Xara X tutorial isn't quite yet done, but at least it looks better than it used to.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the Xara X tutorial isn't quite yet done <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I remember, Klaus, that tutorial was a looooong time in the making :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Thanks to all, esp. Christine.

Merry Christmas!

...Doug
    ...Doug

"As I remember, Klaus, that tutorial was a looooong time in the making :-)"

Yeah, classics take some time to make - even semi-classics. But it was published in Germany's CT - in 10 color pages and across two issues. It's just that the English web editio contains some dated info, like the "three transparency modes" - which CoreXara had, instead of XX's 8-10 modes.

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")