Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally took the plunge and got C4D. Started with one of the tutorials from the Maxon site to model the faucet. Played around with colour and textures to get this image.

I should forewarn all C4D users here that I will probably have lots of questions

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faucet.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	12343  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Finally took the plunge and got C4D. Started with one of the tutorials from the Maxon site to model the faucet. Played around with colour and textures to get this image.

I should forewarn all C4D users here that I will probably have lots of questions

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I should forewarn all C4D users here that I will probably have lots of questions <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are very much welcome to post your questions here! And congratulations for your C4D investment. You'll **love** it, definitely.

Your above scene: the valves (or is it faucet handles? pls help!) are not chrome - did you texture them differently by purpose or 'by accident'? ;-} But the faucet itself looks great with all these smooth bevels and fillets. I wonder how you've done this in C4D - with hypernurbs, combining the base plate and the nozzle? Geez, I guess I still have to learn a lot in C4D. I think it's a very powerful modeling tool (based on the pics I've seen over the past years), but I don't have that much experience with the modeling part of it, though it offers fantastic parametrics.

I'm always a bit envious when I see those smooth fillets and bevels between two parts of an object. Maybe I should invest some time into C4D modeling instead of relying only on Rhino (sigh, give me 48 hours a day and I'll do it!)

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Great stuff Soquili, and congrats indeed for taking the plunge... from what I see here you are a natural at this eh... [two thumbs up]

So now that you have modeled this you better get ready for the next natural question many 3D viewers will ask... could we see a wireframe shot of this please?

right on

Hello Soquili, and welcome to C4D... definitely a wonderfull 3D package.

I come here from time to time, and if i find questions i can answer with my poor english, i'll help.

You can see my gallery on my website, where all pictures with "3D" written under are made with C4D. If you like the graphic tablet, you can get a bigger view (plus another one) on my renderosity gallery.

I hope you'll have great fun with C4D.

Congrats Soquili

I have done the faucet tute as well at one time.The one I found the most helpful was the stingray spaceahip because it shows you many tools and ways of modelling

jens - smooth shift and normal scale

Stu.

Thanks everyone.

Jens - The faucet was modeled from one subdivided cube. Extrude and rotate was used on four of the subsections. Then dropped into a Hypernurb object to get the smooth bevels. I did not texture the valve (tap) handles, as they reminded be of the ceramic handles from many years ago. As I learn more, I hope to be able to make them look more like the old style metal and ceramic valve handles.

C4D is fun and easy to use, I've already fell in love with it.

The faucet tutorial only took about 10 minutes to do. Playing with textures for the sky and the reflective plane, to get the look in the image took longer.

Gidgit - One wireframe just for you

Renaud - I have seen your Renderosity Gallery, and thanks for the link to your website. Very nice images.

Stu - C4D is very addictive; I was playing until 2:00 AM Do you have a link for the stingray spaceship tut? I didn't find it on Maxon's site.

Soquili

Name:	faucet_wireframe.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	3543  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Gidgit, this image shows the true number of subsections.

Soquili

Name:	faucet_isoparams.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	9604  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili---

Nice work! I'd like to see you flesh out the project with perhaps a basin and some water.

And a duckie floating in it? Wait. Strike that last request...

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Awsome Soquili, just divine... and thnx eh, one can actually take quite a bit of info from viewing such... keep going, your doing great

Gare... "strike that last request"... lol