Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

... Dale!

I though the screaming button idea was brilliant too... it could help relieve a lot of stress!

I'm not sure it makes a lot of business sense for Xara Ltd. to implement it though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But I would sure love to have it...

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 2. Custom Zoom scale. I'd like to be able to add custom percentage values to the zoom scale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have given up on the button etc since someone here pointed out Control-Z and Control+ and Control-. Perhaps that supports your argument although you can type in 127.6%!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 7. A separate browser...[ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use Compupic Pro which does XaraX fine - you get a mini gif. And it handles a lot of other file types.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Risto, I'm not taking this personal. But I've observed over the years that a LOT of suggestions for really ***important*** changes have been advanced by both myself and others - and the issues remain unfixed and ignored. It seems to me that, say, both Adobe and Macromedia are much better than Xara at implementing user requests and fixes.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I use CompuPic to browse my Xara folders. But when you click on a Xara file, it just shows you the thumbnail and you can zoom in and out on the thumbnail. Not very useful in regards to Xara. You still need to open a file manager and then double clik the file to open it in Xara. I haven't upgraded to the latest CompuPic because I'm not all that thrilled by it. Does the new version enable double clicking a xara file to open it in Xara? I'd like to know.

I think it should be Xara's responsibility to provide some way of mananging the files that their program creates. I didn't really want to buy CompuPic and now that I did, I'm not all that impressed by it.

I think Xara should either provide a way to integrate the existing Microsoft File manager with a way of seeing the Xara files as thumbnails rather than icons or give us a custom browser.

And regarding that zoom thing, it doesn't work for me. Control+ and Control- no go.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

... I agree... Macromedia did a brilliant job implementing user suggestions for Freehand! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The only problem is that they implemented ideas from people that were off their medication. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Adobe Illustrator - is actually pretty good... if have no use for transparencies and don't mind if your kids grow up to have babies before it completes anything remotely complicated... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AND I know you have a sense of humour... why else would a "happy-go-lucky" Norwegian guy buy a residence in Sweden... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

You have to configure it so that, for example, control+click opens the application. See Edit/Configure Actions & Applications.

This has been in it for at least 18 months (I have had it that long).

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thanks for that tip, I've got it working now.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Risto, Risto, what are we going to do with you? But you're a funny guy and your illustrations are absolutely delightful, so I'll let you live.

But won't you please tell us about the Mermaid's Magic Wand?

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Just posted on this, but has something that would tremendously increase XaraX's usability - is access to it's own files. If XaraX would have a preview of files like PSP does (Browse=open a folder and create slides of all files, or JASC's Media Center, or other graphics' file managers) it would be *SO* useful!... Such a time saver! And since no one else seems to be able to make one - as the xara format is top secret (right?!) the people at Xara should provide this. A filemanager within Xara, as a stand alone, or whatever, free or fee, would be a time saver! (And let user select size of slides.)
    As is, I would like to see XaraX's crashes go away... and it's not only brushes...
    Best!
    Joao