Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

<fluff> might sell better and build a bigger xara user base :b

FLySOLO

I've posted again and again for features that I've wanted. I think it's time that maybe someone go find all the threads about added features and compile them into a single list.

I'm tired of posting feature requests.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

1. I wonder if it would be possbile to do multi-directional fills, transparencies?
    2. Could we have multiple pages with a tab interface similar to excel to switch between pages? Of course there would need to be printing improvements to go along with it.
    3. How about higher resolutions on exports? I wouldn't mind 600dpi.

I also like many of the other suggestions too.
    --
    Phil
    --
    Phillip

check #8 above, I'm pretty sure it's what you are talking about

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Who is this "someone" who should compile all the previous threads into a list?

Surely you can think of 3 features or fixes you would MOST LIKE to see in a future Xara X. Not a huge list, just your priorities.

Thanks for the links, Steve. Some great ideas in there! I may need to change my list. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

high all.
    First i would like to have a drag & drop objekt pallete.
    Secondly, magnetic points.
    regards
    rs

I like more features and changes no different than anyone else but I have just one comment in all of this.

Speed!

It would be a BIG mistake and a much to LARGE a price to pay if any one of these new features causes a loss of performance. It's a delicate balance (speed vs features) that must be kept in mind when asking for changes in the XaraX engine. I sure Xara is all too aware of this too. The loss of speed for the sake of a few more bells and whistles clearly is NOT worth it under any circumstances.

We should totally oppose any feature that would affect the fast and efficient way XaraX now performs.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

i would wish amongts others things for a perspective tool such as the one found in Free Hand.After all Xara is a drawing programs and the isometric grid still dont make much sense to me

I was just trying to get people to REALLY think about the features and fixes that would make XaraX the KING of the hill, actually it already is in my book, but you know what I mean. The interface is OK to me, I suppose if they improved upon it then I wouldn't complain, it just doesnt' seem like it's a really important thing.

The rest of the improvements and fixes are just great, Dale your #3: "debugged program, so that brushes, blending, etc., would not crash the program constantly." is just what I'm talking about, important stuff not fluff!!!.

Steve that link list is awesome, thanks so much. Did every one read Klaus's post??? Got word that Xara Ltd. is indeed working on a new XaraXX. I just mentioned that it would be nice to get a features list from them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep 'em coming, then maybe we can find out who exactly to send this thread too!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---