Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

At Dales suggestion, which I think is wonderful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I would like to see a "Save" feature added to the program. PhotoPaint has it so it will save a file, pre-determined or set by the user. So I could use my own determined time of every 10 minutes or allow XaraX to save the file at a pre-determined time of every 30 minutes.

Say I start a new file and I am working with fills and brushes. A few of us have discovered that using the brushes, or certain ones, will result in a sudden crash of the program taking all the work with it. So having the "Save" feature added to the program is a "insurance protection", so if there is an unexpected crash the file will have been backed up.

Also if the program becomes unstable then a warning would pop up allowing you to save to the current place that you are at, then let the program shut down and then restart it. Maybe even have the program have a default of if it crashes it will give you the opportunity to save the file and then it will shut itself down then restart itself and re-open the last file that was worked on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, my other BIG complaint is the brushes issue. I can't even create a new brush much less use many of them with out getting a crash.

That's it. I'm happy other wise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi,

Just have a look here, this XML based SVG code generates an animated scalable clock - provided that you goto for instance www.adobe.com/svg and get a SVG plug-in (just as you some time ago needed a Flash plug-in!):

<svg>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="80" style="fill:white;stroke:black"/>
    <text x="130" y="46" style="font-size:15">1</text>
    <text x="154" y="71" style="font-size:15">2</text>
    <text x="165" y="106" style="font-size:15">3</text>
    <text x="155" y="140" style="font-size:15">4</text>
    <text x="130" y="166" style="font-size:15">5</text>
    <text x="96" y="175" style="font-size:15">6</text>
    <text x="62" y="166" style="font-size:15">7</text>
    <text x="37" y="140" style="font-size:15">8</text>
    <text x="27" y="106" style="font-size:15">9</text>
    <text x="34" y="71" style="font-size:15">10</text>
    <text x="58" y="46" style="font-size:15">11</text>
    <text x="92" y="37" style="font-size:15">12</text>
    <g transform="translate[100 100)">
    <g id="hours">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)">Xara</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="43200s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="minutes">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)">Xara needs</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="3600s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="seconds">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)" font-size="7pt">Xara needs SVG</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="60s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    </g>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="3" style="fill:black;stroke:black"/>
    </svg>

The result you can see here:

Cheers,

Sten
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

I would like to see an option in the Info Bar for Scale Selection Relative to Object.

This would be used when more than one object is selected and the user wants to interactively scale each of the objects in the selection relative to their own centers NOT THE CENTER OF THE SELECTION.

This would be a real time saver in certain situations.

Who is this "someone" who should compile all the previous threads into a list?

Surely you can think of 3 features or fixes you would MOST LIKE to see in a future Xara X. Not a huge list, just your priorities.

Thanks for the links, Steve. Some great ideas in there! I may need to change my list. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

1. For me most important: better export and color handling
    2. (close second) Extended layer support (I'm used to layers in Photoshop) Drag and drop would be nice and more ways to organize objects AND layers.
    3. Fine-tuning the application and removing bugs or incompatibilities with major applications, hard- or software

Thanks for that tip, I've got it working now.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

maybe icon (xp icons) export with alpha...
    ...and a really weird wish, creating and saving TTF

I agree that this is definitely needed. If you paste text from Microsoft Word into Xara, it pastes as unformatted text. Hopefully you will have spell checked it before you pasted or the client will have sent you spell checked text. Invariably, clients change their minds, make changes or otherwise vascillate from from the first version of text they sent you.

When you try to paste text from Xara back into word for a spell check, it pastes as a graphic. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems to me that text into xara from Word is a one way street.

I certainly hope that Xara is paying attention to these threads. It feels like the other previous wishlists have fallen on deaf ears.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I would VERY much like moulds to work better especially with profiled lines. I still occasionally get my get my fills vanishing when I apply a mould!
    Annoying becauses it is a great tool. I bet Xara could make it even better with more than 4 control points, and a more structured way to control perspective. (maybe setting vanishing points that moulds can snap to?)

Home sweet home:
    Http://www.squeakypics.co.uk
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/dc3/index.htm

I would love an information/history gallery that would bring up the history of any object, and make it possible to backtrack through the steps of creating it. This would be sort of like Photoshop's History palette, but would apply to each object.

Just knowing the information would be helpful. Being able to undo the steps from the gallery would be a bonus, but not necessary.

This pallete would also make tutorials easy to follow. You would simply need to look at the .xar file and check out how each object is constructed.

For example:

1 - New rectangle - rectangle 1
    2 - Combine shapes - Add shapes with rectangle 2
    3 - Feather
    4 - Color change
    5 - Bevel
    6 - Shadow

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll