Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ah, Wolfgang, thanks for the memories and the pix of Sir Clive and my beloved QL! Yes, the Microdrive cassettes were cool, with their whirring sound, as was the Psion software - I now recall the chess app, it was very advanced. At least better than I!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Ross ... maybe this site would buy your stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.oldsoftware.com/

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

WordPerfect for DOS 4.1.

My first "computer" was a Timex Sinclair, not sure if this is the same "Sinclair" as everyone else is referring to.

I then upgraded to a portable Kaypro unit with two 5 1/4 floppy drives and a daisy-wheel printer. I stored all that stuff with family at one point, but am not sure if it's still there.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Sir Clive Sinclair
    See the section on this web page which considers using the Arm chip, which of course was the heart of the BBC Archimedes computers and now dominates cell phones.

In my loft I have software for my old Archimedes and also even older software for a Tatung Einstien. I no longer have either of these machines, but I've hung on to the software!!!!!!
    Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on April 24, 2002 at 08:00.]
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

sortof related

it's all very interesting... I read on this site the history of the internet year by year .... I learned a lot

http://www.computerhistory.org/

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

A Radio Shack TRS-80 (I think that's what it was called). I learned my first programming on that one, with spaghetti code; all the gotos and such.
    I gave it to my brother, and he still has this "computer". I think this was about 1985 or so. Several of the programmers I've met did their first programming on a TRS-80.

It had a great Asteroids-clone game!

http://eyesitewebdesign.com/dale2.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

which is why I guess I'm with Eky. My wife doesn't understand why I won't throw out stuff but I can't, it was precious. If anyone wants to sell something, or even buy something old (!), have a look at

null

Recently, I found a copy there of Analytica for $99, which I wanted (the publisher's price for a later version is $1,000) and I found them OK.

Jon
    Jon

hehe my wife would love this thread as I am one of those people who keep everything.

Here, some of the old stuff is even in use. My daughter likes the Atari MegaST still for some of the games on it (Onyx).

Me too used the Sinclair Series of Computers with the QL being veeery attractive as QDOS had something Bill Gates had no idea about, Multitasking .... Was one of the OS I liked to write software for. Was pretty interesting that it was Schneider who bought Sinclair and disposed all the computer stuff.

Oldest Software I found which runs on current Hardware is Framework. Complete office package on one 5 1/4 " disk. I checked around on the web and dont laugh: Framework is still available for sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    What I found prettz interesting is that some of the software I currently use is around a long time already like WinZip where I own a floppy from NikoMak Computing and UltraEdit from Ian D. Mead. Both products are pretty old and have the same owners still.

Would have to dig deep though to find out what the first Version of Framemaker is I still use.

Greetings,
    juergen