Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wheel tip

Apologies if you all know this one, but it didn't come up with a search.

I've been trying out Egg's trace and bevel techniques in previous threads, and I got frustated trying to get the exact settings used in the dialogs, especially bitmap tracer... until I noticed that once you click on a slider, the mouse wheel can be used to cycle up and down through the values. Further bonus- still works if the mouse pointer moves away from the slider.

Another less useful discovery- In the selector tool toolbar, where you can adjust the size and position of a selected object one unit at a time by clicking on triangle/ arrow icons, clicking with the mouse wheel will change the values by two units (instead of one).

Jess

Apologies if you all know this one, but it didn't come up with a search.

I've been trying out Egg's trace and bevel techniques in previous threads, and I got frustated trying to get the exact settings used in the dialogs, especially bitmap tracer... until I noticed that once you click on a slider, the mouse wheel can be used to cycle up and down through the values. Further bonus- still works if the mouse pointer moves away from the slider.

Another less useful discovery- In the selector tool toolbar, where you can adjust the size and position of a selected object one unit at a time by clicking on triangle/ arrow icons, clicking with the mouse wheel will change the values by two units (instead of one).

Jess

I never knew that either, but it's a good tip. Something else I discovered whilst trying out your tip is that if you depress the wheel within the XaraX window it alters to the Push Tool, and reverts back when undepressed.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This shall make it's way (with attribution of course) into the Tip of the Week :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I only discovered Tip of the Week this morning while I was searching for the mouse wheel references. There's enough in those tips to keep me going for ages!

Thank you to everyone who posts tips and tutorials here!

Jess