Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The Wookbook Issue 2 is now posted in the The XaraXone.

Featured this month is tips for adding drama to photo images, copper and a tubular copper G, the color wheel explained, and creating a true color wheel using but one Conical fill.

Comments are always welcome (so I do not feel I am just doing this for my own amusement).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workbook_promo.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	1303  

The Wookbook Issue 2 is now posted in the The XaraXone.

Featured this month is tips for adding drama to photo images, copper and a tubular copper G, the color wheel explained, and creating a true color wheel using but one Conical fill.

Comments are always welcome (so I do not feel I am just doing this for my own amusement).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Wonderful and infomative, as usual, what else could we expect from the fabulous Gary Priester?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One thing that always makes the hair on my arms stand up is that as a more classically trained artist, the RGB color wheel still makes me upset. I've been trained as below:

RED, YELLOW, BlUE > Primary
    ORANGE, GREEN, Purple > Secondary ect.....

Instead it is the way you explained it and it just doesn't jibe with what has been pounded into my head. Makes my head spin a bit. Of course that's not too hard to do these days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

LOVEd the Copper tutorial, bravo!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

thanks again for Workbook II [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard

Several years ago, I wrote a book called Looking Good in Color, published by Ventana Press. It was one of the finest and proudest projects I ever worked on even though the book was a big flop and long out of print and Ventana is out of business. But I digress.

There is a big difference between additive and subtractive color. If I remember correctly, RGB is called additive because if you add all three colors together you get white and CMYK (which is closer to pigment)is subtractive for if you subtract all four colors you get white.

Now it could very well be the other way around. If you subtract all the color from RGB you get black and if you add CMYK you get black.

Either way you have two very different color systems.

And as you may remember from school, red, yellow, and blue are not really primary colors. The real primary colors are closer to cyan, magenta, and yellow, which is a cool lemony yellow.

If you have ever been involved in a theater production and have seen theater lighting, were they use banks of red, blue and green lights, then you know that red and green light mixes to make yellow, and red, blue and green light mix to make white.

And so it goes.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Great work Gary. We all appreciate the work that you do for the Xara X community! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Very informative. I learned more about HSV from the Workbook than from any other source.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the follow up, yea, I know, you just had to knock on the noggin to get the color theory flowing again. It's all strange to me. I just know when I mix paint yellow and blue make green, ect... but it's so different in other creative areas including lighting and graphic design. Lots to always learn and then of course there's lots to remember and that can be harder sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW: forgot to mention that I really liked the "G" tutorial. At first I was like "why doesn't he just use a font", then I saw the 3D type of effect that came out of it and I was like "WOW, I'm impressed" I enjoyed that very much!!

Thanks again for another great months worth of nuggets of creativity [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

and it ain't on Ebay. However, I have a new baby on the way, so if someone really wants it, my little one will need a college education...do I hear any takers? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

milt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have Gary's book....and it ain't on Ebay. However, I have a new baby on the way, so if someone really wants it, my little one will need a college education...do I hear any takers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Milt

By the time the baby reaches colled, the proceeds from the sale of that book might pay for one half credit :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone